MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: different tags to add to your posts in subject line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking for a "post tag" mod but haven't been able to find one. I'm sorry if I overlooked something. I'll assume it's not available for now.

I was wondering if it is possible to create a plugin that lets you attach a pre-defined tag to a post (I think I've seen it with vBulletin software). So in example, when you have a category with news items, you can pre-define certain categories (tags) which you can attach to a post like: "sport", "politics", "media" etc.

The reason behind this is that I'm trying to find a way to pull posts from a specific forum ID and post them on the front-end of the website. However, at this time, it's not possible (as far as I know) to define which post subjects (or tags) must be pulled from specific forum ID. You can either pull all posts or no posts.

I'm going to run serveral websites (front-ends) based on one forum installation. For these front-ends I'm looking for a way to pull the specific content from the same forum ID ("news forum") appropiate for the specific website.

Anyone knows if it exists?

-----------------------------

Or is there another way to do something like this? Like in example, define in the news script used on the front-end that it must display all posts of forum ID=x "if topic title starts with [sports]"? This way I could manually use a text tag in front of every new topic so the scripts knows what to pull and what not..

The front-end code I'm currently using is:

<?php

$fid = 2;
    $limit = 6;
    $forumpath = 'forum/';

chdir($forumpath);
    define("IN_MYBB", 1);
    require('./global.php');
    require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/class_parser.php";
    $parser = new postParser;
    chdir('../');
?>
  <span class="forumtext">
  <?php

$query = $db->simple_select('threads', '*', "fid='2' ORDER BY tid DESC LIMIT {$limit}");
    if($db->num_rows($query) > 0)
    {
        while($row = $db->fetch_array($query))
        {
            $query2 = $db->simple_select('posts', '*', "pid='{$row['firstpost']}'");
            $row2 = $db->fetch_array($query2);

$date = my_date($mybb->settings['dateformat'], $row2['dateline'], "", 1);
            $time = my_date($mybb->settings['timeformat'], $row2['dateline'], "", 1);

$options = array(
                            'allow_html' => '1', 
                            'filter_badwords' => '1', 
                            'allow_mycode' => '1', 
                            'allow_smilies' => '1', 
                            'nl2br' => '1', 
                            'me_username' => '1'
                            );
            $message = $parser->parse_message($row2['message'], $options);
	    echo("<a href=\"{$forumpath}showthread.php?tid={$row['tid']}\">{$row['subject']}</a><br> 
            {$date} {$time} door <a href=\"{$forumpath}member.php?action=profile&uid={$row2['uid']}\">{$row2['username']}</a><br><br><br>");
	    echo("{$message}<br><br><br>");
            echo("<a href=\"{$forumpath}showthread.php?tid={$row['tid']}\">{$row['replies']} Reacties</a><br><br><br><hr />");
	    }
    }
    else
    {
        echo 'Nothing to display.';
    }

?>
MrD. posted a way to do this with his script (as seen above). For anyone interested in the solution, read here:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-220...#pid305283

I'll ask a mod to close this thread.