MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tomm's Plugins and Stuff...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
These plugins follow the zLib licence. In addition, please don't redistribute these plugins without my permission.

Moderator Permissions

This plugin provides the ability to put stricter controls over what your moderators can do. It can restrict:
  • Managing Announcements
  • Using the Profile Editor
  • Banning Users
  • Viewing Warning Logs
  • Using IP Search
The plugin is available at the MyBB Mods site, in the Moderation Section. For more information, see the link below.

Moderator Permissions Download

Thread Count

Originally a custom Yumi plugin, this has been updated to MyBB 1.4. This will add the number of threads the user has made in the postbit (under their group/post count). You can also modify the search system to order by topics - see here.

Place numtopics.php into the ./inc/plugins/ folder, and then activate it through the ACP. This has been tested on 1.4 with 4,000 users and 2,500 threads (benchmark was 0.6 seconds Rolleyes). Remember to backup your database and files before making changes.

If you use a language pack, or you want to customize the "Threads:" on the postbit, just define the following in global.lang.php or showthread.lang.php (either should work I think):
  • $l['user_threads'] = "Threads:";
Thread Count Download

Auto-Hide Quick Reply
Auto-hide Quick Reply will collapse the quick-reply box so that it is hidden - "tricking" a user in thinking it isn't active. This is useful if you want to encourage users to use the full-editor, while still providing the access to the quick reply. A little quirk that some people have found quite useful. Upload the file in the folder to ./inc/plugins/ and activate.

Auto-Hide Quick Reply Download

Limit Registration Date / Last Active on Member List and User Profile
From a support request, I quickly coded this plugin. It will convert the Joined date/time and Last Active date/time to just a date. It follows relative time, so it will show "Today", "Yesterday" or 27-01-09, for example. This does not effect administrators and super/global moderators. They still see the full date/time regardless of settings.

This plugin creates 3 settings in the "Member List" options in the General Configuration settings in the ACP. It also makes a small change to the memberlist templates. All changes are fully reverted if uninstalled.

These settings limit whether the join date is change, whether the last active date is changed and whether this plugin affects the User Profile "Last Active" time/date.

Limit Dates in Member List and User Profile Download

Auto-Reply to a New Thread
This little plugin will automatically reply to a new thread in a specific forum. This is useful in Introduction threads and things. It adds a new settings group - you can alter these in ACP => Configuration => Auto-Reply Settings. You can set the Forum ID of the forum you want new threads to be automatically replied to, the user who posts the reply and the message. The reply message can contain MyCode.

The reply message can also use {username} to display the name of the person who just posted the topic.

Auto-Reply to a New Thread Download

View New Threads / View Unanswered Posts (Beta)
This plugin will allow you to search for new threads since a user's last visit and the option to search for unanswered posts (threads with 0 replies in the last 30 days). There are a few options to this plugin that are not handled through MyBB automatically.

If you use a custom language pack, you can override the default text for the options by adding these to your global.lang.php file:
  • $l['welcome_view_newthreads'] = "View New Threads";
  • $l['welcome_unanswered_posts'] = "View Unanswered Posts";
If you're using an english language pack, you don't need to add these variables unless you want to change how they appear; they're taken care of in the plugin. In addition, if you have a custom theme, or the links aren't added to the welcomeblock, the links to these search are:
  • View New Threads - search.php?action=getnewthreads
  • View Unanswered Posts - search.php?action=getunanswered
To increase the number of days to search for unanswered posts, you can use the "timelimit" variable in the url. For example by default, it will search for all topics with no replies in the last 30 days. To increase this limit, alter the url like so:

search.php?action=getunanswered&timelimit=365

365 being the number of days you want to search for.

This plugin is in beta, but has been fully tested in 1.4.4. If you have any problems with it, please post in this thread.

View New Threads / View Unanswered Posts Download
some nice plugins tom Wink
TomM,
This are wonderful plugins/mods. Especially, the changed "registered / last visited" format, as we talked about. Sadly, because of my two (super) admins (non of which are member of the admin group), this plugin won't work on my forum. I had to create an IF statement like this:
if($mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 3 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] == 4 || $mybb->usergroup['gid'] <= 2) {

I do, however, have a old question (somewhere here) about reassigning an admin group to a member. As this will aid in making my users to the more conventional way MyBB works.

Ori...
Reassigning an admin group to a member? Not too sure what you mean... can you explain a little further?
I'm sure that I have a question about this somewhere (most likely, on the "General Support" forum). But, the thing is that I have my super admin (the one the forum was created with) and me. When I created my own user I then went into the user permissions and made sure all of them are set to "Yes". After that I did the worst thing I can think of (now) - I pressed the "Save" button. This, as you know, caused the user to lose its group assignment. I did ask this some time ago (and thus the thread I have here somewhere), "how can I reassign my user to the admin group" - on the user info itself it does say that it belongs there, but I noticed that not all group based IF statements "get" it.

Ori...
Can you not just move them into the Admin user group? For example, going to Users & Groups => Edit User => Profile and change the Primary User Group?

MyBB stores whether the user is an admin or supermod in the database. For example, $mybb->usergroup ['cancp'] will check if the current user can access the AdminCP (therefore, an Admin) and $mybb->usergroup['issupermod'] checks if they are a supermod.
great plugins, keep up the work
(2009-01-30, 04:31 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Can you not just move them into the Admin user group? For example, going to Users & Groups => Edit User => Profile and change the Primary User Group?

My user had/has the "Administrators" group as it's primary group. I did this as the first thing I can think of.
Please understand that this doesn't, actually, bather me that much. I have too much work to get my forum completed. So I have a lot more important "problems" - especially, do to the fact, that I do know how to solve, most, of what this condition makes me do.

Ori...
Tom.M mate.....you are a guru.

I have made good use of your "Limit Registration Date / Last Active on Member List and User Profile" fix.
Thank you for taking the time to work this into a plugin for us all.

Cheers!
Well this is weird... my test user has made over 4 billion threads :|

[attachment=12618]

Haha Toungue

These are some mighty fine plugins though Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12