MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users can not send PM's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A user brought it to my attention that she can not send PMs. A disabled message appears. What do I need to check/change?

ThanksSmile
did you disable private messaging? make sure private messaging is enabled in the configuration settings..
So they get this before they even type, not when trying to send, yes??

Simpel settings search could probably have fixed this. Make sure ACP > Configuration > Private Messaging > Enable Private Messaging Functionality is set to YES.
(2009-01-30, 05:22 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]So they get this before they even type, not when trying to send, yes??

Simpel settings search could probably have fixed this. Make sure ACP > Configuration > Private Messaging > Enable Private Messaging Functionality is set to YES.

Good pont, Matt!, I have to confirm when it actually happens.

I went to ACP > Config > Private Messaging and confirmed it is set to YES. I noticed Allow HTML was set to NO and set it to YES - would the 'allow HTML' effect this issue?

Thanks MattSmile
Na that shouldn't affect it... ok, make sure 'Receive private messages from other users.' is ticked in the ACP, try turning PMs off in the ACP, saving, and then turning them on again, and make sure ./inc.settings.php is CHMOD to 666.
i thought it was 777, oo it use to be 777
Files only need to be 666.
(2009-01-30, 07:14 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]'Receive private messages from other users.' is ticked in the ACP

Where exactly is this located in the ACP?

Thanks
Oh, oops, meant UCP Toungue In the options, make sure it's turned on there too.
(2009-01-30, 07:58 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, oops, meant UCP Toungue In the options, make sure it's turned on there too.

It was not ticked!.....I guess that was the culprit. I am the freakin' Admin and it was not even ticked!...lol. Being the sole manager of the forum I got too many other issues on my mind...hahaha. I need to get some ModsToungue.
Pages: 1 2 3