MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Super-Admin and Download Section issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have 2 problems.

1. I installed the Download Section plugin (Musicalmidget's 257 - Downloads Section 2.0.1) and cocked up the installation. Now when I try to Activate it, it gives me the following message;

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1050 - Table 'mybb_downloadcategories' already exists
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_downloadcategories ( cid smallint unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, name varchar(120) NOT NULL default '', description text NOT NULL default '', visiblegroups text NOT NULL default '', submissiongroups text NOT NULL default '', disporder smallint unsigned NOT NULL default '0', downloads int(10) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (cid) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

How do I Activate it now?

2. I understand that to admin the plugin I have to be a Super-Admin(initially), but every way that I have tried to add member's names to the Super-Admin line of the config.php file either breaks the link to the forum, gives a SQL error, or does nothing.

How do I add Super-Admins to the config.php file?

Please treat me gently as I am a complete newbie.
I'm also sorry if the answers to these questions appear elsewhere, I couldn't find either answer. Sad
Thanks.
Hi,
I know you're new so this doesn't matter as much, but for future reference, plugin problems don't belong in the 1.4 General Support forum, they belong in the plugin support forum, where this is now Smile

I assume you can do one of 2 things. You can either comment out the code that adds the table to the database, or delete the download table that currently exists. Deleting the current download table is probably easier.

As for super admins, you do it like this:

$config['super_admins'] = '1,2,3,4';

Something like that Smile
Firstly, sorry for posting in the wrong forum - DOH!

Secondly, thanks for the Super Admin help (I assume that the 1, 2, 3, and 4 are replaced with the member's names?).

Thirdly, where will I find the current download table so that I can delete it?

I told you that I was new to this - lol.
Hehe, I'll let you off this time WinkToungue

Na, it needs to be the UID of the user. The UID can be found at the end of the URL when viewing a profile, for example, your profile URL here is this: http://community.mybboard.net/user-18495.html so your UID is 18495 - you need to put the UID of the admins that you want to be super-admins there, separated by a comma.

You'll need to go into PHMyAdmin or some other database manager and delete just that table.
Thanks Matt.

Hmmmm, I can't see a UID anywhere in the profile sections for any members? - ignore this 1. I found it by right-clicking the user's name and looking at the properties.

So, I open my website control panel and use the MySQL databases/MySQL databases Wizard/phpMyAdmin program (please delete as appropriate - lol) to delete the mybb_downloadcategories table?
Yep, it'll probably just be called phpMyAdmin, anything with MySQL might be something else to do with databases but not what you need here. Make sure you only delete that one table though. You should get a confirmation message, make sure the table mentioned is what you need to delete.
So a backup before I delete might be a wise move?

You 're making me nervous with your superior knowledge and the thought that I might b*gger up the forums.

If I get further erors shall I just delete the tables that it names?
Making a backup is always a good idea before you delete anything from the database really.

Ahhh, sorry Toungue I've just seen too many people delete the wrong thing and they end up deleting their database, and I hate seeing people do that. As long as you make sure it's just deleting that table, you'll be ok though.
OK, did that, then seleted the next table that it errored on (plus the first one again). Now I have another question.

How do I delete a column from within a table as I cannot select it? - Sorted it - change the view and it allows the columns to be selected instead of the rows.

Thanks for ALL of your help Matt. I'm off to try and set it up now. Hopefully i won't be back with any more issues for this thread, but don't hold your breath!!

Thanks again.

Toxin.
Err, I believe you click the little image of a hand pointing at a piece of paper next to the table name on the big list of tables, find the column name, and click the red X.
Pages: 1 2