MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Benefits Of Games For Children And Adults
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The use of games for children and adults alike are a great way to improve a great number of mental and physical skills, and often bring with them a lot of significant benefits. Games have a far greater educational influence than most people are aware of. Many children with developmental disabilities, who don't normally seem to react to their environments are often completely transformed when playing games.

Games have a great impact on sensory perception at a number of different levels. For example: A baseball player learns to process very quickly that the ball is coming toward him, or that he is in danger of being tagged, or that it is his turn; or that he hears the footstep behind him, or his name or number called, a touch on his shoulder, the person's senses are stimulated so the person can recognize and respond to all the things going on around them. With practice, the clumsy awkward body becomes agile and expert; a child who tumbles down today won't tumble down next week. We're never too old to improve our physical ability to respond to sensory stimuli and games are a great way to help us does that.
i really can't tell if this is spam or not
It can't be spam because it has a purpose and a point.
It does have a point, I suppose. I didn't read all of it though. mehToungue
Lol, nice find Brad. Toungue
(2009-01-30, 11:40 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]It does have a point, I suppose. I didn't read all of it though. mehToungue
I didn't eather