MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: trouble with lost pw function & postin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey dudes!

I got a problem with my MyBulletin-Board:
After it went off for about 1 1/2 day, it appears again on this morning. (Serverproblems or update I guess)
But now, after I deleted my cookies unfortunately (Im a fool 8[ ), noticing that I am the Admin of the board, a strange report appears on the screen, when I try to get my passwort by Mail-Recovering. Furthermore some friends narrated me that they get the same "Error-Message", when they are trying to post in several threads (not always)
Message says: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() in /***/inc/functions.php on line 131

So whats the problem?
mail() is a standard PHP Function. (http://www.php.net/mail)

I'd say your webhost has either disabled this function or they've broken something whilst compiling PHP, so i'd check what they've done exactly.
ok i'll check it, but is there any other possibility to recover my password, or change it? (i got full access to the ftp and database)
If you use k776's solution in Bill's post, you must remember to delete anything inside the "salt" box for the user account you are editing.
ok thank you guys, you helped me a lot, and everything is running well again. don't know what they' ve changed with the server, but it is all right again