MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Assign Users to Groups in batch format
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to using MyBB this may be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway since searching gave no answers.

Is there away to assign multiple User/Profiles to a group all in one batch instead of editing their group settings one at a time? I have been all thru the configuration settings trying to find how to accomplish this.

Thanks
How many is it?? It can be done via SQL. If you give me the UIDs of the users to change and the usergroup ID you want them to go in I'll give you the query.
(2009-01-31, 10:02 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]How many is it?? It can be done via SQL. If you give me the UIDs of the users to change and the usergroup ID you want them to go in I'll give you the query.

Thanks for the reply Matt,

I actually posted this in hopes of not having to do what I already did which was change groups one by one which works fine but is ver inefficient if you need to add allot of profiles to a group at one time.

Will the sql query you would make be something I could just chage the ids & use again in the future kinda like a template.

Thanks again
(2009-02-01, 07:17 PM)Mcgyver210 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-31, 10:02 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]How many is it?? It can be done via SQL. If you give me the UIDs of the users to change and the usergroup ID you want them to go in I'll give you the query.
I actually posted this in hopes of not having to do what I already did which was change groups one by one which works fine but is ver inefficient if you need to add allot of profiles to a group at one time.

That's what my solution does, stops you having to change them manually.

And no, it will just change their usergroup, isn't that all you wanted?? What would you want to 'use again'??
Yes that is what I wanted just to be able to add multiple user IDs to one group at one time.

The reason I may need to do this in the future again is by nature I am a perfectionist therefore never satisfied & always changing stuff It is also a curse.
If you are specifying user IDs then you could do it many times, yes. For example you could move 10 members to one group, then that 10 to another group, then that 10 to another group.
Ok I get that but I am not that familiar with making queries just never needed to in past. You has said you knew how to make a query for moving users to different IDs can the same query be used over & over just changing the Users & group info? If so can you give me a general query I can use for future? I know you are more knowledgeable than me on this stuff for sure Matt.

I am surprised no one has needed this feature before for faster changes.

Oh well I am different & weird also or at least all my friends tell me so.
Well it'll be easier and probably safer if you give me the UIDs of the users, the ID of the group they're in now and the ID of the group you need them in.
The only groups I am still trying to change is the bots plugin which added all of them to unregistered & I have a custom group for them since the unregistered group is almost blocked from everything on my forum.

I don't see any place to find the IDs of bot profiles though.
If they're unregistered, they'll be guests, so the group ID will be 1. Are these bot users in the users users table or somewhere else?? And what's the ID of the group they're going into??