MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ASCI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I read the following, I get a major case of HuhHuhHuh

Quote: * Make sure that the directory structure is kept. (ie. the files in the 'admin' directory should be uploaded to a directory called 'admin', the files in the 'archive' directory should be uploaded to a directory called 'archive', etc)
* Make sure that you upload the .php, .html, .css and any other text file in ASCII mode, and that you upload the .gif, .jpg, .png, and any other binary file in Binary mode (see your FTP software documentation)

I'm scared. I think I need a hug.
Why are you posting this in the 1.2 forum if you're only just installing, aren't you installing 1.4....??

You basically upload the MyBB download package and extract the 'Upload' folder to wherever you want it to be on your site, maybe in a /forum/ folder. The ASCII mode should be a setting in your host control panel somewhere, but some just set that automatically to what it needs to be.
Hi Matt,
the converter from phpbb3 is to 1.2... then I jump to 1.4.

You're busy here aren't you? Heart Only joined 10 months ago and 7131 posts?

(You seeing anyone about that? "Hi, my name is Matt, and I'm.... I'm.... I'm a bb junkie! I can't help myself... if someone has a problem on mybb, I've been known to sit there for 3 days straight trying to help them."

Counsellor: "So.... wow, you had one of those games-addicts bags for... you know..."

Matt: "I didn't say I sat there CLEAN!" Booohooohooo).

Sorry, just had to add that... saw it on an add for the Civilization game once, and kind of related to it. Wink

Edit to add: I have a left of field sense of humour. If anything above is offensive, please let me know and I'll remove it. Only joking OK?