MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dont know if this is right section to post or do I just review old threads where it was posted but I didnt get hole answer.
Im illiterate in php so I would appreciate long and step by step answers.It wont offend my intelligence becasue I have none when it comes to php.

I would like to know in what php file I can add adsense so it will be visible on forum?
I tried modifying admin\modules\style\templates but i only got adds in admin topic it self.Adds were in new thread.
I would also like to ask what php file I need to modify when I want to put in mine tittle.So instead of having written MYBB i could have something else.If MyBB cant be changed then at least my bacground etc.?

I would be very thankful if someone could give me a few pointers where I can change those things as well as to where to modify hole background.

Again Im sorry if this is wrong section or If Im bothering anyone with this silly questions but sadly for me they are not silly.

Thanks for your answers.

Greetz Mare
You don't ad stuff for ads to PHP files, there's templates for that, or an easier way would to use a plugin.

And what title do you mean?? Where is it showing?? And which background, the background on the forum theme??
(2009-02-01, 05:03 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]You don't ad stuff for ads to PHP files, there's templates for that, or an easier way would to use a plugin.

And what title do you mean?? Where is it showing?? And which background, the background on the forum theme??
How do I use those templates?
I dont know where to upload them on server.Where to put new template in.Im guessing template is php file right?So i have to uploaded it somewhere in some directory.I know where is forum installed on server just dont know exactly what template to replace or we to add new.
About plugin I uploaded Ad Rotation system (5.0.1) a nd just noticed that is acting like googlebot.I guess its supposed to be this way.
I also notice in THIS thread about inserting adsense and It says:
"Search the templates for the breadcrumb variable then place it above that."
I inserted code for adsense but nothing happened.

Sorry but I really dont know right terms for stuff.
For tittle I meant where is written(on this forum) MyBB and there is a picture of mountain in background.
Also If I would only like to change color of background(background as now its white I would like to have blue for example).Do I download template for it or do I just change code in som especific php file.

I hope this makes any sence I just wrote.Its ahrd to ask If I dont know right terminology .
If anyone will answer non the less thanks once again.

Greetz Mare
No, you don't upload anything or edit any files to edit templates, templates are all in the ACP.

That's the header/logo and you can change that in the theme settings.

And again, you don't edit PHP files to change the background, you edit the CSS for the theme in the ACP.
Thanks for super fast response.
I found that stuff.So basically all I need to do is in ACP.
Tnx once again.