MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird looking activation e-mails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry it took me this long to help. Matt, this is NOT a language pack problem but a problem at (most likely) his mail server. This is a well known problem in Israel. This can happen because of either of this two(2) options:
1. If his mail server uses ASCII fonts (256 char font file - old but are still in use) to send mails as a default. Hebrew and Arabic fonts are higher then 128, in ASCII, and because regular mail softwares do not expect this, they use a "translation" (if you'll look in the "Encoding" option of firefox, IE or, almost, any mail software today, you'll see three(3) option for Hebrew and either three(3) or four(4) for Arabic.
2. If his mail server "translates" UTF-8 fonts to escape chars but (for some odd reason) turns the escape code in to individual chars.

To solve this (I hope) MyBB needs to tell his mail server that it uses UTF-8 font. The problem (I think) is that he is using an american server and, usually, this servers do not know about the UTF-8 problems.
playa4real, try contacting the admin of the mail server you use (usually, you can send a mail to postmaster@...) and ask him/her for a solution. Maybe the change is easy for them.

Ori...
(2009-03-20, 10:31 PM)zuly Wrote: [ -> ]well i opened a thread in the 1.2 section but i was not receiving a reply so i though i might as here for help, cause search led me to this thread.

Well, posting in here with a 1.2 issue would probably end up helping you less. You other thread will get solved eventually Smile
Pages: 1 2