MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: loginconvert.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wondering what I am supposed to be doing with this. It was saying that my users would not be able to login based upon me not having this plugin. But I also remember it stating that phpbb3 used some time of PW system to where they wouldn't be able to send the PW over.

So is there something I need to be doing. I've already converted. And I am wondering as to what I need to do to complete it so that my users can login? Do I need to get this file from somewhere?
1. Make sure it is in your Plugins folder on the server.
2. Goto your ACP / Configuration / Plugins & activate it.

It is so that when your members login there password will be converted after a merge.

Just a note you will need an updated loginconvert.php if you upgrade to MyBB 1.4
I would suggest just using the MyBB 1.4 Merge System
Ryan I thought I read not to use that one but to first install 1.2 / Merge / upgrade 1.4.

Sure would have saved me time to just install 1.4 & do the merge.

Also are you saying the loginconvert.php is no longer needed?

Just asking because I know you know more than me.
(2009-02-02, 07:34 AM)Mcgyver210 Wrote: [ -> ]Ryan I thought I read not to use that one but to first install 1.2 / Merge / upgrade 1.4.

No, you should use it.

(2009-02-02, 07:34 AM)Mcgyver210 Wrote: [ -> ]Also are you saying the loginconvert.php is no longer needed?

No, the loginconvert.php is still needed but you won't need to worry about moving it using the MyBB 1.4 Merge System. It will attempt to automatically move it for you, and if it can't, it will provide the proper instructions on where to put it.

The loginconvert.php doesn't send out emails either. It provides a seamless transition for logging in without having to reset your member's passwords etc.
Can I suggest a bit more detail in the documentation concerning loginconvert.php and what it really does.

I just tried to login to the wiki..is it same as forum password the login? Doesn't appear to be. I also can't seem to create an account. I continue to get the login page when I click "Create account".
Thanks for the reply Ryan this is why I didn't try the 1.4 merge & instead did it the hard way LOL.

"At this time, the MyBB Merge System only works with MyBB 1.2.14. For now, the recommended path is from your existing software to MyBB 1.2.14 (available for download here), then upgrading the 1.2.14 forum to the latest release of MyBB 1.4. A new version of the merge system that works with MyBB 1.4.x is currently being tested and is available below as an SVN Snapshot. The current 1.4 release of the Merge System is for testing purposes only."

Even though I used the long way to do the merge after all was said & done I am very pleased with the results so far. MyBB is proving to be a much easier & more feature packed board than my previous board.
Curious what previous software did you use?
(2009-02-02, 06:51 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Curious what previous software did you use?

I was using phpbb 3.0.4 which had been converted fro 2.x.x.

I originally didn't read as much on the forum & just went by what I was reading & seeing in the download section on the MyBB website. I wish I had read more on the forum then I would have known about a couple of fixes available & not have erased & re-installed LOL. I usually will try to figure things out first before asking for help. I just wish I had more time to actually learn coding but my business takes up allot of time.
Where can I DL the logincovert.php? I cant seem to find it anywhere
Pages: 1 2