MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error 1045
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Change your cookie domain setting to:
.writer.sebar.com
(note the leading dot; no http://)
You guys are geniouses....next to one Mr. Chris Boulton. That did the trick, it seems to work.

Well that will satisfy my Author User base and the poets too once I get them going. Now I have to figure a few others things out. I changed greatly my sql password in my hosts phpadmin. I also changed greatly my admin password in the rcthq forums which I must still get online.

But I gotta tell you, it was a scary sight hitting reload and watching 100 message topics disappearing especially the workshops and free downloads areas. That really hurt a lot. I added the shout box, the header greeting by K776 and the rules page. Did any of those open up backdoors for the hackers to get my password to do this? I am almost affraid to try and restore this that it will get hit again. I don't know what more to try and do. I may try to run the upgrade 686 for pr2 just to clean it. Just that man, these other users wanted this as a resource. Ironically whoever did it, if they used the game RCT3, they cut their own throats because Atari and Frontier were reading those posts and getting ideas.
Check for server logs to see if anyone was trying to access anything weird.
Found the hacker and I think I know who they are. My host people said they were doing it through an exploit in the forums but could not pin point it as they offer phpboard instead. They said to check here. The big question is that tonight they came back and hacked down my board at the rcthq again, but this time I noted the exact time. They even killed my new admin password and deleted again not only the templates this time but the topics. while I was in the admin.

So it looks like I have a problem and with someone who may be a hacker too. Its a sad in fact very sad day that they would trash months and hundreds of hours of work to bring down a resource to a community. Well at least I think we got a lead. I would forego prosecuting them in return for the exploit info. I just want my home back ya know.
Pages: 1 2