MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about Google and Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Simple question, if I have restricted forums for members only will Google still pick up these pages when indexing please.

Regard
Norri
Google should get a "No Permissions" error.

In 1.4.4, there is a known error where in the "Who's Online" list, it will show Google and other spiders as actually viewing the thread/area. This will be fixed in 1.4.5.
(2009-02-02, 01:05 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Google should get a "No Permissions" error.

In 1.4.4, there is a known error where in the "Who's Online" list, it will show Google and other spiders as actually viewing the thread/area. This will be fixed in 1.4.5.

Thanks, I was just concerned that google would index the content that is only for registered users, so it should be fine then
Out of curiosity, what permission set do the bots take after?
They're treated as guests, unless you change it.
Yes, by default all bots take on the usergroup "guest" so basically if you cannot see it as a guest, google will not see it
Ok thats good thanks. One last question on this, is there a way to show the title of the forum and the description but when they click its locked until you register, I notice at the moment if you set to locked nothing appears to the new user. I want to give them an idea of whats there if they register.

Thanks
Paul
You can set it so they can view the thread list in a forum, but not read the actual threads... this what you mean??
(2009-02-03, 03:44 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]You can set it so they can view the thread list in a forum, but not read the actual threads... this what you mean??

Yes I think thats it, as an example on my forum page I have under a category "general" I have three forums "welcome, introduce yourself, getting started" I want these to show to everyone but only accessable to registered users, I can't figure out how to do it though, they are either there or not .. if you see what I mean.

Paul