MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error message to e-mail address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

When someone sends an e-mail message to one of the members of my forum and this message for some reason doesn't get delivered I as Forum owner get a warning message that this has happened.

But the message I get is being send to an e-mail address I don't really use anymore and is probably the e-mail address I fulled in when I installed the board in the Board Configuration part of the installation. How can I change the address?

Regards,

Martin
i'm not really sure but try to go Admin CP » Configuration » General Configuration - and change the email on the Admin Email
That isn't it because there I already had a new address. I changed that a long time ago.

It must be somewhere else maybe somewhere where you can't change it in the ACP?

Martin
ACP => Configuration => Mail Settings

Do you have PHP mail or SMTP mail?
In ACP > Configuration > E-mail settings I have it set to PHP-mail and there is no where that I can change the e-mail address.

Martin
Go back to general configuration, make sure all emails there have been changed. There should be at least 2 places
I can see the other option where it states:
Return Email
The email address for incoming replies to outgoing emails sent via the forums and is useful for no-reply accounts. Leave blank to use the admin email address instead.

I have left this field open so the admin e-mail address, which can be found right above it, is used.

That particular address is from a friend of mine who I made admin.

That address works but as soon as there is an error e-mail (someone's e-mail address is no longer valid for instance) I get that error e-mail which I want to get but it is send to the wrong address.