MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What would be a good way to accomplish this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I have this idea on my forum to display testimonials of people's experiences in a foreign country. This is based on an interview (questionnaire) I conducted with users.

Now I want to display these testimonials on the forum. I would like these testimonials to standout more than the typical threads. I am planning on having an exclusive location for these testimonials on the forum, but how can I format them with a polished/different look than a standard thread? Also, is there a plugin for this?

I would appreciate all your suggestions and advice. ThanksSmile
You could make it into a separate page or have something written in the header/footer...
(2009-02-03, 01:54 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You could make it into a separate page or have something written in the header/footer...

I was considering making it a separate page. Were you implying to make it a separate page on the site or the forum? I would appreciate it if you could explain further.

Also, is there a plugin for this kind of thing?

Thanks
Well depends where you want to put it. If I remember correctly there is a custom pages plugin somewhere on the mods site. It's really up to you where you want to put it in relation to your site
The custom pages mod is on http://mybbsource.com you need 5 posts to download it and other plugins.
(2009-02-03, 02:48 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Well depends where you want to put it. If I remember correctly there is a custom pages plugin somewhere on the mods site. It's really up to you where you want to put it in relation to your site

Well, for now I would like to place it within a forum and then eventually, as I get more testimonials place a link on the landing page of the site to them.

Alternatively, if I could create a separate page in the forum with a link on the main page of the forum this may be a better way.

What do you think?
(2009-02-03, 02:59 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]The custom pages mod is on http://mybbsource.com you need 5 posts to download it and other plugins.

I just joined but they did not activate my account yet. How long does it take?
did it say ull get an activation email or get it activated by an a admin?
(2009-02-03, 03:41 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]did it say ull get an activation email or get it activated by an a admin?

I do not recall, I assume so. But usually it is instantaneous.
most of the time you'll get an email
(2009-02-03, 03:47 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]most of the time you'll get an email

I never got one yet. Do you know anything about the site regarding registration?
Pages: 1 2