MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why cann't delete old cache/theme files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I at first installed in to mybb directory but than tried to delete all and then successfully reinstalled in to a /forum directory where all is working fine.

I can't delete the mybb/cache/themes under directory and under that /theme1 and /theme3 - none of these files or directories can either be deleted or change permissions to 777 - thinking that may help delete.

In my hosts Cpanel shows it deletes, but when you go back up a level or refresh it has not been deleted. When change permissions says operation not allowed, but than shows changed to 777 until refresh and its back to 644 for individual files and 755 for the two themes directory. The parent mybb is set for 777 all in an effort to delete, although not sure that is the problem will not delete.

All I am trying to do is clean up the directory since nothing in /mybb is now used, all is working great under new install using /forum directory.

Any idea why I can't delete this old not used install. All the rest of the install deleted only the cache subdirectory and under.
It's a host settings, it's the same with me. If you want to get rid of it, you'll have to ask your host to. Or you can just overwrite it.