MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: People Keep logging in as other people
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I've basically set up a forum at www.catharsisnewspaper.com and it's basically a forum which is supposed to be the school newspaper. However since installation I've been having a few issues with automatic logins. Computers at school are in network, yet they don't save any cookies or anything. Nevertheless, if I am logged in for example, and someone else in school or the room visits the forum, they sometimes get logged automatically as me. Is there anyway I can prevent or disable that?

Thanks for any help or responses!

Kind Regards

Joey
Wrong forum. If you are using 1.4, please post in the 1.4 forum, not the 1.2 forum.

I guess you can run an SQL query to set it so no users have it set to remember login details and then remove the option to change it, but the browser may still save some stuff.
Is there any easy way to do it? Any guaranteed way as well?
Well running the query will set their account to not remember login details and deleting the code for the option will stop them changing it again, but as I said before, the browser may still save details and we can't really stop that I don't think.
If your school is running a caching proxy server that is likely to be your problem. Check the current time printed on your page when you "get logged in as someone else" and see if the time is off.
(2009-02-03, 10:12 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]If your school is running a caching proxy server that is likely to be your problem. Check the current time printed on your page when you "get logged in as someone else" and see if the time is off.

What does it mean if the time is off? What does it mean if it's on? How do I solve it?
I mean look at the "Current Time" on the page. For example: Current time: 16th February, 2009, 23:33

Check that the time is correct. If it is incorrect by a few minutes, say, it is likely you are viewing a cached version of the page.
(2009-02-17, 07:36 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]I mean look at the "Current Time" on the page. For example: Current time: 16th February, 2009, 23:33

Check that the time is correct. If it is incorrect by a few minutes, say, it is likely you are viewing a cached version of the page.
Which means if they can cache a page, their limit is wayy to high. I set my limit in FireFox to 10GB and it cached almost every page I went toConfused
I'm referring more to the caching on the ISP side or run by the campus.
(2009-02-17, 07:44 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]I'm referring more to the caching on the ISP side or run by the campus.
Ah, my bad. I thought you meant browser-wise.Confused