MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I'm new to myBB and i have some questions offhand. I do however have experience with phpBB as i used to be a dev for the portal xl phpBB 3.x project but have actually switched to using myBB as i see it alot better then phpBB for various reasons.

Here are my few questions, if there is guides or however anything else please provide me the link i am not lazy and can figure out most things for myself.

Question #1:
Standard templating is done with xml via through ACP like vBulletin, however im used to a tpl feature. My question is after looking through the template layout via acp i would like to actually merge the right side of my post to the left. Example: view post similar to phpBB subsilver posting layout(screen shot posted below) , How would i go about doing this as i have gone threw and i cannot seem to find this. I wish to do the same exact as the screen shot below.

phpBB default posting template (part im talking about is boxed in red):
[Image: blahnt2.jpg]

Question #2:
Porting mods from other forums such as phpBB is a pain in the a.. or no? Im looking for something similar to like a hide hack, if not would it be easy to port a working one over?

Question #3:
The portal, how is one to edit the portal without directally editing the portal.php to add blocks or extensions, is there any other way to do this other then actually making a new portal.php?

I know some of my questions may seem a bit odd, but yes its my first day messing around with myBB and i actually do like it compared over other forums boards, If someone could take the time to help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Im also using the newest releas 1.4.4 of myBB i believe thats the newest release.

- Insolent.
1. Can you be a bit more specific as to what you want to do, I'm not overly sure what it is you need.
2. You can't port mods over, you'll have to find a MyBB mod that does what you need. I believe there is a hide hack available.
3. You can edit the portal templates.

Also this is the 1.2 support forum, so moved to 1.4.
Yea, sorry about that i just realised i posted in the wrong section. The reviews on the hide hack do not seem to be great lol. Thats why i asked about porting and what not. Also with the view post i meant as a template layout, i wish to move things under things. examples are below as to what i mean.

Original myBB viewtopic:
[Image: originalws9.jpg]

I wish to do this with it:
[Image: wantingzn7.jpg]

Sorry for the crappy edited in paint pics lol, i think this is explains it better.

As for portal editing, theres no way to manually edit or make a navigation for it or even blocks? Thnx.
Ah, that's the 2 postbit styles available in 1.4... this should be all you need: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40093.html

Yep, you can add new blocks if you go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Portal Templates > portal. That's basically what shows when you go to ./portal.php
big help matt, thnx ^^