MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I change domain name.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use vista panel webhost. Now I change my domain name. How can I change it.
is it a sub-domain or just a domain?
/ domains
/ add new
If You Mean The www.example.com Domain You Cannot. You Need To Purchase A Parked Domain Either Through Your Host Or A Domain Register.

If You Mean A Sub-Domain Like www.forum.example.com I Do Not Have Any Expierince With Vista Panel But You Should Be Able To Click On Sub-Domain Or Something Like That And Add New.

If You Mean A Domain Like www.example.com/forum Simply Create A New Domain Using Your File Manager Or FTP And Upload Your Files To There.
(2009-02-04, 07:39 AM)YoungTalk Wrote: [ -> ]I use vista panel webhost. Now I change my domain name. How can I change it.

If you have already bought it you'll need to change the nameserves to point to your server, add it to your account, and then point it to your files.
(2009-02-04, 10:26 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-04, 07:39 AM)YoungTalk Wrote: [ -> ]I use vista panel webhost. Now I change my domain name. How can I change it.

If you have already bought it you'll need to change the nameserves to point to your server, add it to your account, and then point it to your files.

My root directory have now two directory thats name 1. joubonkhela.co.cc and 2. joubonkhela.com
Now my forum runing in first directory. If I move all file in first dir to second dir and browse www.joubonkhela.com my forum is open but I cant login here. When again move second dir to first dir and browse www.joubonkhela.co.cc it working good. Now how can I solve it?
You need to update the board URL settings and cookie settings in ./inc/settings.php and then again in the ACP afterwards.
Ok I will try it then I agian inform you.