MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: $2.99/year domain special with Yahoo!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,
Just wanted to let everyone know that Yahoo! is offering $2.99 USD Domains a year. This is the lowest I have ever seen a big name company do. Check it out:
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/

It says at the bottom that the offer expires 12/31/2005. Just wanted to let everyone know who wants to buy a cheap domain. (No affiliate link, or referral link above)
i bet yahoo's domain services are crap...i would'nt use them, im happy paying $6/9 whats that like the price of a burger?
Aaron Wrote:i bet yahoo's domain services are crap...
What makes you say that? Yahoo is very reputable, and I have personally registered with them before for domains.
I don't like to register domains with yahoo.... But then again im in the biz of buying and selling domains, and the transfer of yahoo domains is not possible.... (from my experience and from others)

I prefer to just spend the 6.95 and go with godaddy Smile
I use Datacities, they accept money orders and checks. Online safety, Smile.
I've heard this, but i'm not sure if it's true but someone said you can't set nameservers, but you can make it redirect to the site you want.
Yahoo's domain control panel doesn't stand up to other ones such as NameCheap, which is the one I use.
^^ a similar reason to why i said what i did, i just think a place that big doesnt have the time to fully run a domain service.
U see, these things are made to catch you out. I was about to buy a cheap domain and figured out it was just the name. And ok, if its the space as well, space does cost abit of money and if you add it up, if it comes with that as well, its gonna be a little space dont you think?
I've been seriously considering registering my very own domain name for my site.Smile Would that encourage people to join, by making the URL more easy to remember, and more search engines be able to easily index it? And then from now on when linking to my site, it would be to that domain. pokemonquest.net would be the domain. Please don't beat me to it! Rolleyes.com was already registered, and it leads to some search engine. ShyAnd what a bargain at $2.99 a year!Wink As you can see, I already have a server ready, so all it needs now is its own domain - subdomains just don't seem to cut it. So what do you think? Should I get ready for the 5-year commitment, which would only total up to $15?Big Grin Is it as simple as redirecting the IP address of the server?

LATER: I registered with Yahoo! Domains with my mother's permission and card, and the new domain for my site will soon be pokemonquest.net. Anyone reading this and has the site bookmarked, change 'em as soon as you can see the site there, which may be in 24 hours or so.
Pages: 1 2