MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: get 406 error and also 404
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have tried to post there(in my forum) i get this
"Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /newthread.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at moneytalkclub.org Port 80
"
i have using the following plugin for my forum

Affiliates Manager (1.0)
Akismet (1.2.1)
Easy Refer (2.0)
Email about new members (2.0.0)
Hello World! (1.0)
My Ad Manager (1.1.4)
My Proxy Killer (1.0)
MyIPN (2.2)
MYPS (1.3)
PM On Registration (1.2.0)
Prune Members (2.0)
Reputation Manager (1.2)
SEO Links! (1.1 Beta 1)
Usergroup legends (2.0)
If ./newthread.php is uploaded to the correct place, you'll have to ask your host about this. Either that, or try and deactivate the SEO plugin.
i have done the both ... upload file and deactivate the plugin but still get that problem...
Then all we can do is say to ask your host, it seems they've got some sort of security module in place.
"security module" what is that can you tell me MattR
Well I don't know, I'm not your webhost. I said they 'might' have something set up for security and it's causing a problem. Not much we can do here.
ok... brother. but i need to know how i ask them (hosting company) about his problem as the other pages come well. But while i have tried to put new thread then the problem occurs ..
Just give them the error that you put in bold in your first post and that should be all they need.
Just tell your hosting provider you received that error, and tell them the error. They'll know whether it's a problem on their side, and whether they can fix it.

A 406 error is basically your server telling your browser that it's not sending HTTP. It's quite rare, considering modern day browsers literally accept any sort of data.

The only MyBB thing I can think of with this is the headers, which shouldn't be effected. Are you using a language pack / different charset?
Check out [Wiki: help:mod_security] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)