MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search FOR Categories and Forums and Threads on 1.4.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does a user search for a Category by name or a Forum by name or a Thread by name? It seems like "search" searches the content of the Posts. How do I find a Category in my Board called "birdwatchers" for example?
Unfortunately it's not possible to search for categories or forums. How many forums do you have? :p
On the index, press Ctrl + F and search like that?? Huh
Dennis,
Thank you for your response.

Not sure of the number yet, but we could eventually have hundreds of simultaneous forums of limited duration. We plan to have several groups as categories, with each following a pattern of about 8 sub-forums with a proscribed naming convention for similar "dimensions" for each topic within their category, so I think end users will need a quick way to find the categories or forums themselves, especially since it does not seem that there is a way to configure myBB to sort categories and the forums withing them alphabetically.

Without a seach at that level and without more "collapsing" it seems like the users might have to do a lot of scrolling.
(2009-02-05, 03:58 PM)jonibuttke Wrote: [ -> ]users might have to do a lot of scrolling.

(2009-02-05, 08:44 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]On the index, press Ctrl + F and search

Unless I'm misunderstanding your problem here.
ya you do ctrl+f and it will highlight what your looking for.