MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.4.1 -> 1.4.4 update Q's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

Next week Thursday I'm going to update the forum's software from 1.4.1 -> 1.4.4. Here are the q's:

- From what I understand, these are mostly security updates. Meaning not so big/time taking?

- The problem I faced last time, was that I was updating from 1.2.9 to 1.4.1. That took so long that my session's timed out. I had to refresh the page to keep updating, but I didn't know that at the start. Has this problem been solved? (this wasn't mentioned in the wiki either)

- Nothing special I should know about?

- Is there anyone able to standby on Thursday in the morning (around 09:00 -11:00 AM, GMT+1), either on MSN or on here via the PM system?

Cheers,
-MV
(2009-02-05, 09:06 PM)Master Vampire Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,

Next week Thursday I'm going to update the forum's software from 1.4.1 -> 1.4.4. Here are the q's:

- From what I understand, these are mostly security updates. Meaning not so big/time taking?

- The problem I faced last time, was that I was updating from 1.2.9 to 1.4.1. That took so long that my session's timed out. I had to refresh the page to keep updating, but I didn't know that at the start. Has this problem been solved? (this wasn't mentioned in the wiki either)

- Nothing special I should know about?

- Is there anyone able to standby on Thursday in the morning (around 09:00 -11:00 AM, GMT+1), either on MSN or on here via the PM system?

Cheers,
-MV
Most of the updates are security updates, yes. Nothing that I can think of(as to what you need to know). Don't forget though, upgrading from 1.2.9->1.4.x is way different than just updating the software - as the transition from 1.2.x->1.4.x required database tables to be changed in order for the old version to work properly on the new "framework". As for being on standby: I can't as I have school, otherwise I'd be more than happy to.

Kind Regards,
TomL
No there was a load of bug fixes from 1.4.1 to 1.4.4 too. This is a much smaller upgrade than 1.2.x to 1.4.x. Make sure you have a complete database backup, and that you upload all the changed files (you'll have to download the entire package from the download page), but don't overwrite ./inc/config.php or ./inc/settings.php, and make sure that you run the upgrade script. Oh, and go through all the release threads to check for templates that need to be reverted to default. And I'll be online at that time, I have a free lesson at college then Smile
Hi, thanks for the replies.

Quote:but don't overwrite ./inc/config.php or ./inc/settings.php

I think this is explaining in the Wiki or somewhere?

Quote:Oh, and go through all the release threads to check for templates that need to be reverted to default.

Where can I find these?

Cheers,
-MV
(2009-02-06, 06:18 PM)Master Vampire Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is explaining in the Wiki or somewhere?

Not sure what you mean by this, you just need to know to not overwrite those files.

(2009-02-06, 06:18 PM)Master Vampire Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I find these?

http://community.mybboard.net/forum-2.html
Quote:Not sure what you mean by this, you just need to know to not overwrite those files.

Err sorry I meant to ask if it's in the instruction on the Wiki Update page (I guess yes because it's pretty important).

Cheers,
-MV
am running the 1.4XX trying to update to the 1.44 the question is..do i need to do a fresh install..or by updating will i loose all the data/ n users registered. need to know before I update thanks.
No, obviously upgrading wouldn't make you start your forums again. Download the full package, upload everything except from ./inc/config.php and ./inc/serttings.php, you need to keep your old ones, then go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and choose your old version from the list. make a database backup first, too.
right on..thanks..will give it a try..n thanks for a prompt reply..