MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Highlighted search results..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I couldn't find any recent posts by Justin(Justin S) - so I did a search for his name. Well, I found his profile - but the results are majorly jacked(messed up). My exact search terms were "Justin S".

Edit: I know why it happens. It is adding the yellow to the S in Justin, but it shoudn't. Maybe we could do some kind of match/return set? For example, seperate the search "query" but looking for spaces, and then feed through the post using the array of search "terms" generated.

Screeny:
[attachment=12672]
This isn't a bug. Highlighting is not the same as morphology fulltext search engines. Highlighting will highlight the "exact" phrase- nothing less, nothing more.
(2009-02-06, 03:22 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't a bug. Highlighting is not the same as morphology fulltext search engines. Highlighting will highlight the "exact" phrase- nothing less, nothing more.
But something needs to be done, since the result I got wasn't right.(from what I think)
(2009-02-06, 03:23 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-06, 03:22 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't a bug. Highlighting is not the same as morphology fulltext search engines. Highlighting will highlight the "exact" phrase- nothing less, nothing more.
But something needs to be done, since the result I got wasn't right.(from what I think)

um? no lol. You searched for "Justin S". It came up with results from "Justin S". It highlighted "Justin S"

The world, all the stars, and the equilibrium are in order, as well as highlighting and the search.
(2009-02-06, 03:29 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-06, 03:23 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]

um? no lol. You searched for "Justin S". It came up with results from "Justin S". It highlighted "Justin S"

The world, all the stars, and the equilibrium are in order, as well as highlighting and the search.
But there was 2 "terms" - Justin, and S. But it highlighted Justin incorrectly, it did: Ju s tin, and then S. But it should have highlighted Justin as one, not a difference between Ju and tin, and then the S.
Oh, I see what your saying now. Maybe try and be a bit clearer next time. "jacked up" and "messed up" are very technical terms Rolleyes
(2009-02-06, 03:43 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I see what your saying now. Maybe try and be a bit clearer next time. "jacked up" and "messed up" are very technical terms Rolleyes
SorryConfused I probably should've explained it better from the startToungue
I can reproduce this here, it separates the letters: Ju s tin instead of Justin. It's probably creating a different span for each.

Yup, just checked, it is:

<span class="highlight">Ju<span class="highlight">s</span>tin</span>

Pretty weird too, doesn't look like it closed the first span either. Confused
(2009-02-06, 05:49 AM)Rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]I can reproduce this here, it separates the letters: Ju s tin instead of Justin. It's probably creating a different span for each.

Yup, just checked, it is:

<span class="highlight">Ju<span class="highlight">s[b]</span>[/b]tin</span>

Pretty weird too, doesn't look like it closed the first span either. Confused
It did. I made it bold in the quote where it's closed.
I only see two closed spans when their are three.

Darn it, I'm a bit blind, theirs only two. Undecided
Pages: 1 2