MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Threaded" display AJAX'ed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think some sort of AJAX(or Prototype) should be used to switch posts when users are using the "Threaded" mode to view posts. Also, I think the "threads" box, below the post you're currently viewing, should be above the post so that it's more recognizable - and easier to find(you wouldn't have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the other posts)

Kind Regards,
TomL
Personally I think threaded mode can/should be done away with.

What is its purpose? I don't know, someone care to share?
(2009-02-06, 02:53 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think threaded mode can/should be done away with.

What is its purpose? I don't know, someone care to share?
To show only one post in a thread. I don't understand it, but it's there.
Why improve on something if nobody even cares it exists? =P

I just can't imagine the use of it in today's world, that's all.
(2009-02-06, 03:00 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]Why improve on something if nobody even cares it exists? =P

I just can't imagine the use of it in today's world, that's all.
I care if it exists. I use it all the time, but I just hate that it's down at the bottom below the 'Quick Reply' box, and that it's not AJAX'ed - so I have to load each message individually..
You said you don't understand why it's there, but now you say you use it all the time?

Why do you use that over the normal view mode?
(2009-02-06, 03:05 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]You said you don't understand why it's there, but now you say you use it all the time?

I don't get why it's at the bottom, not the top. I use it over the normal mode so I can see all the posts in the thread instead of having to go page by page. It's just a pain in the arse, thoughConfused
(2009-02-06, 03:09 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-06, 03:05 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]You said you don't understand why it's there, but now you say you use it all the time?

I don't get why it's at the bottom, not the top. I use it over the normal mode so I can see all the posts in the thread instead of having to go page by page. It's just a pain in the arse, thoughConfused

Try doing it in one of the "Last one to post" contest threads. Rolleyes That's why.

And that's a bit funny. You say you use it so you don't have to click 1 small little button every 50 or so posts (depending on your settings) but it's a "pain in the arse" - Seems like clicking the pagination would be less of a pain in the arse.
(2009-02-06, 03:23 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-06, 03:09 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]

Try doing it in one of the "Last one to post" contest threads. Rolleyes That's why
Well my suggestions still stands. Unless it's removed - then I don't care.
I think we should try and get some feedback on the necessity of the feature. If there isn't an overwhelming amount of support for it then goodbye. =]
Pages: 1 2 3