MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hacking my myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is the second time somebody has tried to hack into my forums. Firstly, they changed my member's usertitles and messed up a few plugins. Second, I caught him registering and he managed to put himself in the admin group and start closing the forums etc. But I banned him before he could continue.

Any way myBB can be more secure?
it sounds like he may have access to your mysql databases, have you tryed changing your database passwords?
Nitemare's suggestion is a good one - do change your database passwords. Secondly, what version of MyBB are you using? RC4 or PR2?
Also, you may want to use a password with capital and lowercase letters, as well as numbers. I personally use a password generator for extra security:
http://www.winguides.com/security/passwo...erate=true
Do you have access to your server logs?
A new user just registered on my forum, and by the time I looked up his info, he was listed as an Admin. (we did not authorize this).

I'm changing the SQL information.
DennisTT Wrote:Do you have access to your server logs?

What type of server logs? I believe so..

If i go and change my mySQL password, will the forum still work? Or do I need to set it up with it again?
1st: change your password in your forum
2nd: change SQL user password
3rd: BACKUP YOUR DATABASE EVERY DAY IF YOU HAVE LOTS OF POSTS. this can allow you to go back to normal if the hacker mess up the forum.
How do I change my database password and username?

In cPanel, I can only delete, not modify..
Pages: 1 2