MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 links?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys i have a reallly weird problem.

I keep getting 404 error's on all of my boards?

http://demondistort.com/forum/
You have MyBB SEO URLs on and either htaccess.txt needs to be renamed to .htaccess or your host doesn't support it.
I do this in Cpanel, yes?
Yep, in your file manager, you'll need to find the file called htaccess.txt and rename it to just .htaccess

Then deactivate SEO URLs, save the settings, turn it on again, and if it doesn't work then, chances are your host doesn't support it.
my host (godaddy) supports .htaccess but I still don't get this function working nor myBB SEO Mod
[Wiki: SEF_URLS] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Quote:Make sure your server supports Mod Rewrite
(2009-02-06, 07:25 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ][Wiki: SEF_URLS] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Quote:Make sure your server supports Mod Rewrite

Thanks. My server supports mod rewrite, I also got Joomla site with SEF links and it uses apache mod rewrite on the same server.
Seems to be working now Smile
I fixed mine by adding:

RewriteEngine on
Rewritebase /

at the top of default mybb htaccess.

now my links looks like this: domain.com/forum-209.html

That's how its supposed to be? MyBB SEO still doesn't work, now when I activate it, nothing changes.
If domain.com is replaced with your sites domain name, and your forums are on the main site - yes. Did you deactivate it and then reactivate it after renaming htaccess.txt to .htaccess?
Pages: 1 2