MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving UserCP, ModCP and AdminCP links to different template - but how?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!
I have recently installed MyBB for the first time (I have previous experience with other forum software though) and I'm stuck.
I want to move the User CP, Mod CP and Admin CP to a different part of the page. So I would have to move them out of the template they are stored in. Is it just as simple as taking the HTML in that template and moving it anywhere I want? Or will it then display these links to all users - no matter what their usergroup is?
What do you mean by move them to a different part of a page?? What exactly is it you want to move?? The link in the welcomeblock??
(2009-02-06, 07:57 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by move them to a different part of a page?? What exactly is it you want to move?? The link in the welcomeblock??
Just the actual links. I have created a links bar in the global header and I want to move those three links (plus the Logout Link) there - out of the welcome box.

[attachment=12678]
The links for the 3 CPs and the logout link are in the header_welcomeblock_member template - you should be able to just copy the code from there to where you want it to show.
Awesome! And it will not cause the Mod-CP and Admin-CP links to be shown to guests right?
Oh, er... hmm. They will do actually, yeah. There is a plugin that will allow you to put some code around it so that one people who should see them will see them, though.