MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Warnings Expire - Points Not Removed [C-Michael83]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just gave this a whirl and waited an hour until the warning expired, as soon as it expired, the 50% warning level is still there. I even went through the task manager and ran the task, still, to no avail. This occurs in the latest SVN revision.
This is odd because every single time I've tested this, on public versions and SVN versions, it's always been removed when it's expired. I'll test this more again on Wednesday as I have the day off college.
(2009-03-23, 11:36 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]I just gave this a whirl and waited an hour until the warning expired, as soon as it expired, the 50% warning level is still there. I even went through the task manager and ran the task, still, to no avail. This occurs in the latest SVN revision.

Yes I am still getting reports of warnings not being removed. I am not sure if the fix made it worse or better. But I wouldn't consider this a fixed bug.
(2009-03-23, 11:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]This is odd because every single time I've tested this, on public versions and SVN versions, it's always been removed when it's expired. I'll test this more again on Wednesday as I have the day off college.

Hmm... I've set up more warnings, I'll see what happens.
(2009-03-23, 11:48 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-23, 11:36 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]I just gave this a whirl and waited an hour until the warning expired, as soon as it expired, the 50% warning level is still there. I even went through the task manager and ran the task, still, to no avail. This occurs in the latest SVN revision.

Yes I am still getting reports of warnings not being removed. I am not sure if the fix made it worse or better. But I wouldn't consider this a fixed bug.

You saw the logic that I saw, so not sure what to tell you. I won't be here Wednesday through Sunday this week, so it would be helpful to debug it yourself if you can. Unless another developer wants to debug it.
I am going to build a tool to rebuild it and probably export where it corrects. Hopefully others can run it too and output any problems they find.
(2009-03-24, 05:03 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to build a tool to rebuild it and probably export where it corrects. Hopefully others can run it too and output any problems they find.

Yes, please. My warnings seem very inconsistent sometimes.
I'll be taking a look at this tomorrow hopefully, if I locate the problem, I'll post a possible fix.
Ok, I'm about to test this again. Could it have anything to do with if the task is run manually, or trigged by the footer code?? Whether it's given from a post or given via the profile?? I think there's a lot of conditions that might create different results.
(2009-03-28, 08:38 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I'm about to test this again. Could it have anything to do with if the task is run manually, or trigged by the footer code?? Whether it's given from a post or given via the profile?? I think there's a lot of conditions that might create different results.

The task system runs automatically and every 1/2 hour by default for the warning expiry. The code in the footer is what runs the task system, and should always be implemented within. Running the task manually is as it runs automatically. Regardless of that, I couldn't get it to expire the warnings. I did have a bit of time to try to figure out a fix, but I didn't seem to find the problem. I am going to look at it further to see if I can find a fix, otherwise, I can just rewrite the expiry function and see if that'll fix it until a developer gets to it.
Pages: 1 2 3