MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where are the threads stored?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi There,

Ive been through the installation guide and i dont seem to see an answer to my problem.

I had to start my forum from scratch as my hosting was changed so in turn i lost my mysql database, but i still have all the files for the forum backed up...

My problem is I just want to view the actual text I had made on "sticky" forum topics and include it in my new fresh database... there is ALOT of text in there and I was just wondering if any of you experts out there would have any idea on what I can do here? All i want is to find out what file (if any as Ive viewed nearly all the php's!) do I open to copy the text, surely the html is stored somewhere? I dont know...any help would be really appreciated Blush

Mossiette.
In the database. Nothing is stored in files.
(2009-02-06, 09:20 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]In the database. Nothing is stored in files.

oh god ...Sad
Sorry Undecided All the actual data is stored in the database, the only information that isn't is attachments/uploads. Do you have no database backup at all??
(2009-02-06, 09:23 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Undecided All the actual data is stored in the database, the only information that isn't is attachments/uploads. Do you have no database backup at all??

Well, I did that whole database backup within the AdminCP but I dont know where that saved to, its not on my pc...but I know i did back it up cause I did a whole load of typing on there Undecided

I'll keep looking for it but Ive a sneaking feeling that it'll be a long night Sad
Ooh, hang on then... did you do the backup in the ACP before you downloaded your files?? If so, look in the ./admin/backups folder... is there anything in here??
(2009-02-06, 09:29 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, hang on then... did you do the backup in the ACP before you downloaded your files?? If so, look in the ./admin/backups folder... is there anything in here??

Undecided just index.html and when i view source theres nothing in it!

oh and yes I did backup prior to changing my hosting package..

HOLD THE PHONE...ive found mysql database backup Big Grin
Na it won't work if you view it in your browser, can you check that folder in your file manager?? There should be a zip archive in there if the backup worked.
(2009-02-06, 09:35 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Na it won't work if you view it in your browser, can you check that folder in your file manager?? There should be a zip archive in there if the backup worked.

Ive found the archive Matt, thanks for ur help...god im so lucky i found that!
Big Grin Really glad you found it, hate it when people lose their database. Now, you'll be able to find the .sql file inside, upload it to the database, and you'll have all of your data back Smile
Pages: 1 2