MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cURL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I was messing around today and was working on getting my Facebook (despite me hating the thing) status on websites. cURL seems the best way to do it, other than SimpleXML... then I thought it could be a great social-thingymajiggy plugin for MyBB...

So I'm wondering, how many people actually have cURL installed?
(2009-02-06, 10:25 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]So, I was messing around today and was working on getting my Facebook (despite me hating the thing) status on websites. cURL seems the best way to do it, other than SimpleXML... then I thought it could be a great social-thingymajiggy plugin for MyBB...

So I'm wondering, how many people actually have cURL installed?
I've never even heard of itConfused
Most people should have cURL installed. I would think at least everyone with paid hosts would. I do, and it's fantastic. I use it to update our Twitter status (saves a lot of time!)
cURL is a common extension in php. It shouldn't be a problem for most if it's a requirement.
I always install cURL on my web servers Confused
(2009-02-06, 11:59 PM)RenegadeFan Wrote: [ -> ]Most people should have cURL installed. I would think at least everyone with paid hosts would. I do, and it's fantastic. I use it to update our Twitter status (saves a lot of time!)

(2009-02-07, 12:30 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]cURL is a common extension in php. It shouldn't be a problem for most if it's a requirement.

(2009-02-07, 04:16 AM)hamster Wrote: [ -> ]I always install cURL on my web servers Confused

Awesome... thanks!
I was using cURL to post forms links rather than Get? Am i missing the point what cURL is?
cURL gives more options to you when needing to make web requests. Being able to send POST data is one of the things you can do with cURL and not PHP's fopen.
I installed cURL because I was forced to. If anyone knows what THT is, the dashboard requires cURL and the whole account creation process requires it. I just used it for Development so I didn't mind the account creation system, I won't need it. Then I faced a lovely error in the dashboard. Then I was forced to. Amazingly easy in Ubuntu Intrepid.
sudo apt-get install php5-curl
Then restart apache2. :p Not hard.