MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYbb is definately the leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm not talking about defaults, I'm talking about selections. There are only a few truly viable themes for MyBB, with the rest being a bunch of half-hearted "me too!" efforts.
(2009-02-09, 12:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not talking about defaults, I'm talking about selections. There are only a few truly viable themes for MyBB, with the rest being a bunch of half-hearted "me too!" efforts.

I agree with this too. A lot of times people's excuse for going to vBulletin instead of MyBB is the extensive list of resources that the community has to offer.
i am currently using themes by kdezign they are damn awesome
I used to hate MyBB. But then I saw 1.4. Also I make my own themes, it's not that difficult to integrate MyBB with your site given it's default theme.
Id used with the appropriate theme and plugins mybb is way fetter than vbulletin. However there are some mods available for vbulletin and not for mybb but i an sure soon we'll have then too. The best part of mybb is that its free and not like a selfish vbulletin which makes its users say for using it. :-)Wink
I noticed most of the people judge a forum software by its available themes. That is dangerous and not recommended.
You will end up giving hand of functionality and other things because you overvalued the looks. It's sort of like marrying a person because he/she looked good when you first saw him/her.

When it comes to the visual aspect I value more the ability to shape the themes whatever way one wants. And I don't even have many graphical skills. I've been using punbb/fluxbb one thing I loved was the possibility to make your forum look whatever way I wanted, and it didn't even had a full template system like mybb.
SMF on the other hand has no template system at all. It's a huge mess.

Ok, it's a fact that there are not many templates out there that look very different from the main template. Most are colour variations and small details changed here and there. I haven't seen for example a image free template nor one without any '3d effects' at all. But i strongly believe that it will be a mater of time. Mybb has a powerfull template system that will sooner or latter payback in template variety, just like it happened with punbb.
(2009-03-06, 03:19 PM)Plainas Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed most of the people judge a forum software by its available themes. That is dangerous and not recommended.
You will end up giving hand of functionality and other things because you overvalued the looks. It's sort of like marrying a person because he/she looked good when you first saw him/her.

When it comes to the visual aspect I value more the ability to shape the themes whatever way one wants. And I don't even have many graphical skills. I've been using punbb/fluxbb one thing I loved was the possibility to make your forum look whatever way I wanted, and it didn't even had a full template system like mybb.
SMF on the other hand has no template system at all. It's a huge mess.

Ok, it's a fact that there are not many templates out there that look very different from the main template. Most are colour variations and small details changed here and there. I haven't seen for example a image free template nor one without any '3d effects' at all. But i strongly believe that it will be a mater of time. Mybb has a powerfull template system that will sooner or latter payback in template variety, just like it happened with punbb.

i choose a script by seeing the overall aspect
funtionality-top priority
themes-second equal
plugins-second equal
(2009-03-06, 03:19 PM)Plainas Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed most of the people judge a forum software by its available themes.
First impressions make a big difference.
Its natural that people try to judge a forum based on the theme. First impressions.
But then I overcome the temptations and installed mybb and changed theme over the days to what it looks like now. see my sig. its just hacking templates and editing CSS. Thats all it is.
(2009-03-08, 09:00 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-06, 03:19 PM)Plainas Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed most of the people judge a forum software by its available themes.
First impressions make a big difference.

absolutely right
they can make people stay or stray away from your site
Pages: 1 2 3