MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Q: Changing Forum Directory & Disable Language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I need to change the forum directory from "mysite.com/mybb" to "mysite.com".

1) Could I leave the forum files in "/mybb" and at the same time it shown as "mysite.com". So when any body access the domain name without "/mybb" he can access it, and he must not relize that the forum is in "/mybb"

2) if that is not possible, I will move the files from "/mybb" to "/", what should I do else? I mean what other changes should I do?

3) I have 2 Themes, I need to disable the original main theme so no body can choose it. Without deleting it because the 2nd theme is inherited from that theme.

4) I have 2 languages in my forum, English and Arabic. Arabic is the default. I need to disable English without deleting it. I mean the files for english is still there but I don't want any user to be able to choose it.

Thank's in advance
1. No, because all the files are in the /mybb/ folder... why not just move the files out of the /mybb/ folder??

2. If you move the, first change the Board URL setting and cookie settings in the ACP, then move them.

3. You can set usergroups who can view a theme, maybe just make it so only admins can see it.

4. You can remove the options for them to change it.
1) just to make it organized, because I have many files and folders in the main folder.
2) what should I put in the cookie setting?
3) Done Smile
4) How can I remove the options for them?

thank's alot bro
1. Well, it wouldn't work. Take viewing threads for example, they need to access ./showthread.php. If they're viewing yoursite.com/showthread.php but the file is actually in yoursite.com/mybb/showthread.php it won't work.
2. I have absolutely no idea as I don't know your actual URL. You just need to make sure that each section is right.
4. There's a setting in the ACP to remove the language selector from the footer and you can remove the code from the usercp_options and member_register template so they can't change it.