MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] PHPBB3 >> MyBB 1.4 << MyBB 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as a site partner pointed out (Craigw), we were working on quite a lot in terms of merging. A convert from phpbb3 >> MyBB 1.4 << MyBB 1.2

The phpbb3 forum merge went fine, the upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4 for my other board went fine as well. The problem arose during the merge of both together. The board that was upgraded from phpbb3 to MyBB 1.4, after the merge to the other 1.4 board, all the PMS recipients have been set as Guest and cannot be viewed anymore. Undecided The on/off icons decided not to work anymore and go on when I post until I visit the forum and back to the index (same as the 1.2 bug). I'm not too concerned about the on/off icons since their was a similar bug fixed reported here.
Just thought I'd report these,
Best Regards.
Your confusing me. They Merged from phpBB 2 to MyBB 1.2? Then they upgraded to MyBB 1.4?

If so, then 1) This is in the wrong forum 2) It probably won't be looked at if the problem can't be reproduced in the MyBB 1.4 Merge System 3) Is it even a "Merge System" bug?
Sorry for the confusion. It's a board that was converted from PhpBB3 to MyBB 1.4 using the merge system. Then another board upgraded from 1.2 to 1.4. They all went smoothly, however we then merged the two boards together using the merge system, and that's when the problem occurred.
Best Regards.
Right. I don't understand the "actual issues" and when they happened and if the correlations you propose even have anything to do with it.

There really isn't a shade of information that you've given me that can help me fix this bug, even if it is a bug.
Ok what information do you specifically require Ryan in order to investigate.
(2009-02-07, 10:05 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Right. I don't understand the "actual issues" and when they happened and if the correlations you propose even have anything to do with it.

There really isn't a shade of information that you've given me that can help me fix this bug, even if it is a bug.

That's the problem unfortunately, All I know is that the PM's became unreadable after the merge of the two board together. Due to the fact, the PM's recipients changed to "Guest" for some reason. I don't have access to the accounts that have these problems as those users came from the phpBB3 board while my username came from the MyBB board. I wish I can actually provide more information, but their isn't more information to provide.
What would be best is if you could reproduce on a local installation rcpalace.