MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Un-approved posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's see if I can explain this O.o

A while back while streamlining how many forums I had, I decided to move 1 forum that was a parent into another parent forum now making the moved parent forum a child forum. Inside of the forum I had moved and made a child forum I had 1 un-approved post. During a second streamlining a few days later I decided to remove the child forum all togather by deleting it. I wasn't paying attention to the fact I had a un-approved post still in that forum nor did I care because I figured if I removed the forum it would remove the post. Not the case. When I'm logged in now on the main forum index I see there is 1 un-approved post still showing behind the total post count. For example, if there was no un-approved posts it should read a regular post count like 16,105... Instead, what I see is 16,105 (1). And that one is Non existant. It even says I have 1 un-approved post in my ACP, but when I click on it, nothing.. Nada.. Zippo...
Have you tried a recount and rebuild?? Is there any unapproved posts on the home page of the MCP??
(2009-02-08, 12:15 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried a recount and rebuild?? Is there any unapproved posts on the home page of the MCP??

I was just about to edit my post saying I've done this Matt, several times. As a matter of fact, I had you look at this in my acp and you verified what I'm saying except for how it happened. I pm'ed you my site url. I have a large and busy forum so I donlt want to screw with phpmyadmin unless I absolutly must. And at that, I'd rather have a MyBB Staff member correct the issue if they can thru this post if that's possible. Could possibly be a bug.

Yes there's a un-approved post, but you click into it from the ACP there is nothing there, same as on the forum when trying to find the un-approved post from the front end.
Question. Does the recount & rebuild change "correct" the count?

If it doesn't, then that means that there is still a record in the threads table of it unapproved, but the firstpost is missing. That indicates interference with a plugin, because the deletion of all posts and threads records of a forum is a pretty straight forward and tested process.

Ryan
(2009-02-08, 07:05 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Question. Does the recount & rebuild change "correct" the count?

If it doesn't, then that means that there is still a record in the threads table of it unapproved, but the firstpost is missing. That indicates interference with a plugin, because the deletion of all posts and threads records of a forum is a pretty straight forward and tested process.

Ryan

No, again, recount - rebuild does not effect this. So there is no way to fix this now excpet for going into phpmyadmin?
UPDATE `mybb_threads` SET `unapprovedposts` = '0'
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `unapprovedthreads` = '0'
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `unapprovedposts` = '0'

These would clear it out, but maybe not run those just yet, in case anyone wants a look at the database....
(2009-02-08, 04:52 PM)hemi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-08, 07:05 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Question. Does the recount & rebuild change "correct" the count?

Ryan

No, again, recount - rebuild does not effect this. So there is no way to fix this now excpet for going into phpmyadmin?

What plugins / modifications do you have installed?
At the time of the issue here is the plug-ins I had installed

Ads after first post
Latest Attachment Gallery
Board Messages
Show Events on Index
Show the users that has been online today
Overview
I had this issue on 2 servers. I had a hard drive failure yesterday and the site has been restored. To get to the point, I was using a new stable version of MySQL, PHP etc... when I got my dedicated server roughly 5-6 months ago, when I got my new hardrive yesterday and the latest MySQL was installed along with php, apache etc..
Apache version 2.0.63
PHP version 5.2.8
MySQL version 5.0.67-community

this issue went away. I'm still running the same plug-ins. Nothing has changed in that sense. So it cannot be a plug-ins fault.

My situation is resolved and thought I'd be kind enough to share. Whether or not this is a bug is for someone else to decide. But I still think there is a possibility it is. Maybe with a php or MySQL version??

And hey thanks for the support and help in figuring this out :/ lol...

Regards