MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error with duplicate names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had the same username on the MyBB forum and the phpBB forum I was merging to MyBB, and I got this:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1062 - Duplicate entry 'MattR' for key 2
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_users (`username`,`usergroup`,`additionalgroups`,`displaygroup`,`import_usergroup`,`import_additionalgroups`,`import_displaygroup`,`import_uid`,`email`,`regdate`,`lastactive`,`lastvisit`,`website`,`avatardimensions`,`avatar`,`lastpost`,`birthday`,`icq`,`aim`,`yahoo`,`msn`,`hideemail`,`invisible`,`allownotices`,`subscriptionmethod`,`receivepms`,`pmnotice`,`pmnotify`,`timeformat`,`timezone`,`dst`,`signature`,`style`,`regip`,`totalpms`,`unreadpms`,`salt`,`passwordconvert`,`passwordconverttype`,`loginkey`,`postnum`,`avatartype`,`remember`,`showsigs`,`showavatars`,`showquickreply`,`ppp`,`tpp`,`daysprune`,`buddylist`,`ignorelist`,`away`,`awaydate`,`returndate`,`referrer`,`reputation`,`timeonline`,`pmfolders`) VALUES ('MattR','2','3','2','2','4','5','2','[email protected]','1234105368','0','0','','0|0','','1234105972','','','','','','1','1','0','0','1','1','1','D M d, Y g:i a','00','0','','0','127.0.0.1','0','0','6c1667242c753b79','$H$9DtgmguYoRCYu6swh/VMe8OttjE7eI/','phpbb3','6lpvMWQxabhM2O7h1tbzdFIJUPEfWVwNOyA1aT6tJ2EL2xHUva','0','remote','1','1','1','1','0','0','0','','','0','0','0','0','0','0','1**Inbox$%%$2**Sent Items$%%$3**Drafts$%%$4**Trash Can')

Is this because the usernames were the same or something else...??
so you ran the phpBB 2 or 3 converter? This was the MyBB 1.4 Merge System?

I need all the information I can get
Sorry, I downloaded the latest public 1.4 SVN merge system just before I ran it, and merged a phpbb3 forum into 1.4.4. The error happens when importing the users and appears to be due to the fact that the username was the same in the phpbb3 forum and the MyBB forum.

Edit: Hmm, just ran it again and didn't happen. I'll try it a few more times and see if I can see what caused it before.
(2009-02-08, 05:39 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Hmm, just ran it again and didn't happen. I'll try it a few more times and see if I can see what caused it before.

Yes, that's because it checks for duplicates before it inserts it. I'm very surprised it gave you that error because it's a pretty straightforward query/logic and it's been tested thousands of times without issue.
I just got it again :|

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1062 - Duplicate entry 'MattR' for key 2
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_users (`username`,`usergroup`,`additionalgroups`,`displaygroup`,`import_usergroup`,`import_additionalgroups`,`import_displaygroup`,`import_uid`,`email`,`regdate`,`lastactive`,`lastvisit`,`website`,`avatardimensions`,`avatar`,`lastpost`,`birthday`,`icq`,`aim`,`yahoo`,`msn`,`hideemail`,`invisible`,`allownotices`,`subscriptionmethod`,`receivepms`,`pmnotice`,`pmnotify`,`timeformat`,`timezone`,`dst`,`signature`,`style`,`regip`,`totalpms`,`unreadpms`,`salt`,`passwordconvert`,`passwordconverttype`,`loginkey`,`postnum`,`avatartype`,`remember`,`showsigs`,`showavatars`,`showquickreply`,`ppp`,`tpp`,`daysprune`,`buddylist`,`ignorelist`,`away`,`awaydate`,`returndate`,`referrer`,`reputation`,`timeonline`,`pmfolders`) VALUES ('MattR','2','3','2','2','4','5','2','[email protected]','1239285809','0','0','','0|0','','1239286034','','','','','','1','1','0','0','1','1','1','D M d, Y g:i a','00','0','','0','127.0.0.1','0','0','8cc349eb62521bd5','$H$97SZM2Pi4BNtzq2oyBjV9UyM4pkr2R0','phpbb3','Mm62f97BlqffwY4nOopOmWQgHvuoDcZd1TxP7Y2UDGxID8hrYo','0','remote','1','1','1','1','0','0','0','','','0','0','0','0','0','0','1**Inbox$%%$2**Sent Items$%%$3**Drafts$%%$4**Trash Can')

MattR was used on the phpBB3 forum and the MyBB forum.

What sort of things could 'possibly' have an effect on this sort of thing??
I can't reproduce this and I have no possible idea what would be causing this except for maybe character set differences (which I don't really want to mess with)
I am getting this also when I try merge phpBB 3.