MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Can receive warnings from other users? [R]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A person primary is registered group. The permission is set for " Can receive warnings from other users?" to checked. The person has a secondary custom group where " Can receive warnings from other users?" is not checked.

The member can't be warned. This is suppose to be a YES based system where any yes will override all no's.

The member is not part of any other group. For now I made the other groups "Can receive warnings from other users?" to checked but it's a bug and unexpected behavior.
Why would he be in the unwarnable group if you are trying to warn him?
The member is part of a secondary group that's not warnable. However again...this is not the proper behavior of mybb.

On all my secondary groups I have everything set to no explicitely so that I can easily control based on mybb's "yes" permissions. This is a bug.
Couldn't reproduce.
(2009-02-09, 09:01 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't reproduce.

labrocca, can you supply a way to reproduce?
I hadn't tried but Scoutie44 tried and didn't succeed, please explain everything like special usergroups (registered, admins, mods..) and relevant permission of the banned user and of the banning user.
Quote:I hadn't tried

Then try. I explained already in detail how to reproduce.
I can't reproduce, maybe we miss something....please explain again the groups & permissions or PM me with account details for a testing board.
This permission is no different than any others and it's called the same as all the others as well. My guess is one of your plugins/modifications is interfering.

If you don't think that one of your plugins is interfering then PM me FTP information or you can do the debugging yourself.

You can just do this to tell if the permission is being generated correctly.

<?php

define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("NO_ONLINE", 1);

require "./global.php";

// list,of,gids,from,user. Usually follows this formatting: usergroup,additionalgroup1,additionalgroup2,...
$gids = "1,2,3";

echo "<pre>";
print_r(usergroup_permissions($gids));
echo "</pre>";
?>

Ryan.
labrocca can you try my test file above?