MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 500 - Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Im an Admin for a community and it seems our forums are having slight issues.

Sadly our sysadmin has dissapeared and we may have been compromised.

Over the last 3-4 days we constantly recieve 500 - Internal Server Error and can not access the forums unless we constantly hit refresh.

Ive tried going into the admin section and restoring from a previous backup but when i select the database tabs i get a blank page.

We are not able to access the hosting service due to the sysadmin dissapearing and we can harldy view the forums.

Is there anyway i can shift the forum to my host with not being able to see most of the options in the AdminCP or does anyone know of a quick fix i can implement from the Admin panel that may help.

Sp3sh.

* Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
Login to forums or browsing, next to impossible. Every page is 500 error, hit refresh 4 or 5 times and pae will show.
* URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
http://www.rsbot.org/mybb
* New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
New, has been fine for a few months.
* Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue)
None
* Screenshot or error text, verbatim
None
The forums load fine for me...
Thanks for the reply tom, ive got 138 people in the last 24 hours contact me about the issue.

Aswell as myself having the issue.

Any thoughts?

Also may i ask what OS and browser you are using?
(2009-02-09, 12:26 AM)Sp3sh Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply tom, ive got 138 people in the last 24 hours contact me about the issue.

Aswell as myself having the issue.

Any thoughts?

Also may i ask what OS and browser you are using?
Not too sure what could be going wrong. Do you have SEF url's enabled, and the htaccess.txt file renamed to .htaccess? If so, did you modify that file at all?
Browser: FireFox 3.0.5
Sorry Tom, im not much up to speed with all this as the Sysadmin is the only one who has access to the server.

Is there a way i can check in the AdminCP if SEF url's are enabled?

Sp3sh
Admin CP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Settings > Enable SEO urls?
If it's set to "Yes", then they're on.
Thanks for your patience and assistance.

Yes it is enabled, assuming you mean the Enable search engine friendly URLs? option.
(2009-02-09, 12:41 AM)Sp3sh Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your patience and assistance.

Yes it is enabled, assuming you mean the Enable search engine friendly URLs? option.
No problemSmile Yes, that is what I mean - sorry about thatToungue. Is htaccess.txt renamed to .htaccess? If so, do you have any plugins that modify that file?
I believe it has been renamed aslo im not certain but there are some plugins that would need to modify the file based on what they do.

The sysadmin implemented some plugins before he dissapeared due to numerous DDOS attacks and forum spammers.

Sadly im not sure how to confirm the access file as it seems i would need access to the server to view. I might try and disable the plugins and see if that helps, would that be a good step to take?
(2009-02-09, 12:50 AM)Sp3sh Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it has been renamed aslo im not certain but there are some plugins that would need to modify the file based on what they do.

The sysadmin implemented some plugins before he dissapeared due to numerous DDOS attacks and forum spammers.

Sadly im not sure how to confirm the access file as it seems i would need access to the server to view. I might try and disable the plugins and see if that helps, would that be a good step to take?
Well you can disable Search Engine Friendly(SEF) URLs, which SHOULD solve the problem. If you don't want to disable them, you can try disabling those plugins - yes.

Kind Regards,
TomL
Pages: 1 2