MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 10 inch MSI Wind or ASUS EEE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am going to get a 10 inch netbook and have narrowed it down to the top speced 10 inch MSI Wind or EEE.

They pretty much have the same specs so it really just comes down to ergonomics.

Has anyone used / has either or both of these and can tell me what they think!

I have used the eee but not the wind but was fairly happy with the eee, does the wind's keyboard feel significantly better?
I was tempted to get the Wind, but opted for the HP 2133 Mini-Note. The reason I went with the 2133 was for the size, 10.1" was to big for me. Big Grin
Out of those two choices id go for the wind since it looks a lot less like a toy than the eee does. However, i'd never buy either of those as 10" seems a little big for a netbook and if I wanted something bigger than a netbook I'd just get a normal laptop.
Well i already have a 17" notebook which is really a bit big to handle the portable stuff and i had a bit of trouble adjusting to the keyboard on my mates 8.9" netbook whereas when i tried the 10" eee i was able to type straight away with no problems. Plus the 10" models are not that much bigger than most of the 8.9" ones because the screen takes up all the space as opposed to on the 8.9" where there are significant spaces on the side.

Any reason why you chose the HP KuJoe over the other 8.9" models? The HP's are a bit more expensive here in Australia, not sure why.
Actually, the main reason I chose the HP was because it wasn't a plastic case and the cooling is so much better because the metal case acts as a heat sink (but only on the bottom and with the extended battery, which raises it up, the cooling is amazing). I use it for 12+ hours without an issue whereas my Sony Vaio I used to have to power it off after 6-7 hours of use because where I rest my palms would get really hot. As for the keyboard, it took me about 3 days before I got used to it, after that I was able to write up papers for college without a problem... I even walk around campus typing with one hand while I rest it on the palm of my other hand (<3lbs!).
Well i will check out the HP then, i didn't know about the case. I'm a big fan of HP's actually, i already have 3 HP's Toungue

Can anyone also reconmend a good hard case for a netbook? I was looking at a pelican case but they are a bit of overkill and are expensive.
I have a Dell Mini 9 and let me tell you...it's awesome. Read reviews.

Also if you are interested in the Dell Mini's check their discount center. I scored mine for $100 less that retail.

Newegg always has good deals too on other netbook brands.
With the Australian dollar the way it is at the moment getting anything from America is never cheaper Sad The dell Minis are OK but in Australia they are more expensive and only come in a solid state drive option. I want to use mine as a text book (so rather than taking huge text books im going to load the text books from the CDs they come with onto the netbook) and i am going to have trouble fitting them all onto an 8gb drive, thats also partly why i want a 10 inch.
(2009-02-09, 09:04 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to get a 10 inch netbook and have narrowed it down to the top speced 10 inch MSI Wind or EEE.

They pretty much have the same specs so it really just comes down to ergonomics.

Has anyone used / has either or both of these and can tell me what they think!

I have used the eee but not the wind but was fairly happy with the eee, does the wind's keyboard feel significantly better?

I have the Eee PC, here's my review I wrote a while back: http://ocgamers.com/thread-962-post-4895.html#pid4895
I have a 16gb SSD and it's great...the netbooks are ultra quiet since they have no moving parts. None.

You can always expand via USB or with other Flash Cards like SD's.

On my 16gb I have everything i need on it and still have 10GB free. Smile
Pages: 1 2