MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stupid Office Word
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so I'm typing a sentence and it puts a green line under it for bad grammar, even though it was perfectly fine. I right click and choose what it suggested, and started to type again. The green line then came back, saying bad grammar, and suggested exactly what I had before.

Angry
(2009-02-09, 01:10 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I'm typing a sentence and it puts a green line under it for bad grammar, even though it was perfectly fine. I right click and choose what it suggested, and started to type again. The green line then came back, saying bad grammar, and suggested exactly what I had before.

Angry
Seems like they check it, and after you fix it they do the whole thing back words. Glad I don't use wordWink
(2009-02-09, 01:10 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I'm typing a sentence and it puts a green line under it for bad grammar, even though it was perfectly fine. I right click and choose what it suggested, and started to type again. The green line then came back, saying bad grammar, and suggested exactly what I had before.

Angry

Just ignore some of the grammatical errors it pulls up. However, if you want to make it smarter, go to the options and tell it what you want it to check, as most of it is disabled of which will make it smarter. Toungue
I often ignore the green lines that are on two or more words.

Sometimes mine comes up with a green line on word(s) and then when I right click on it, it's like there was never a green line, just the normal options appear..
What year are you using? You can disable that you know..
It was '03, yeah I know I can get rid of it but I like to have it up for when I make genuine errors, just hate it when it tells me to add what it just told me to remove. Even when I told it to 'ignore the rule' it came back. Bah.
Ah, I have 07 and I'll tell you it's way smarter than 03. Toungue
(2009-02-09, 01:24 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]

Angry
Seems like they check it, and after you fix it they do the whole thing back words. Glad I don't use wordWink

What do you use?

I use OpenOffice.
(2009-02-09, 10:39 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-09, 01:24 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]

Angry

What do you use?

I use OpenOffice.
I don't use anythingToungue
I use Google docs or Office 2003.
Pages: 1 2