MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation crashing apache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am installing Mybb 1.4 (latest) onto my server, which is my local machine. I am runnning PHP 5.2.8 and MySQL 5.1 on Windows XP sp3 with Apache 2.2 as my http server.

I got as far as Table Population then I click next and Apache crashes.
szAppName : httpd.exe     szAppVer : 2.2.11.0     szModName : php_mysqli.dll
szModVer : 5.2.8.8     offset : 00002beb     

with this as the error report. I have no clue what to do now Huh

Thank you for your time.
I don't see how MyBB's installation process would crash Apache, as it doesn't even do much besides render pages. Are you sure it's not killing MySQL?
Honestly no I am not sure. It most likley is crashing MySQL like you said but apache is the error that comes up and I am sorry if im not making sense as I am quite flustered atm.

It is at the data insertion step in the installation, I click on next and it pauses a second then the windows error report diag. comes up, I close that and it goes to a blank page. If I reload the same error pops up again. I tried to redo the installation but i comes up saying that it is already installed.

EDIT: I was also wondering if it could be the theme instalation crashing the DB because that is the next step it is loading, correct?
(2009-02-10, 12:39 AM)Kro0lTe4 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly no I am not sure. It most likley is crashing MySQL like you said but apache is the error that comes up and I am quite flustered. It is at the data insertion step in the installation, I click on next and it pauses a second then the windows error repor diag. comes up, I close that and it goes to a blank page. If I reload the same error pops up again.
Hm. Maybe there's an extension in Apache that's freezing that is used in MyBB that's making it die(so to say).
php_mysqli.dll

I have a feeling that's the problem. Are you sure mysql improved extension is installed properly? Are you using XAMPP?