MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why have you choose XHTML 1.0 Transitional instead of STRICT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to add a forum to the website of my scuba diving club (www.gbrs.be if you want to see it) so I was searching through the web to find the best one for what I want to do. Until today, I've found two main candidates (punBB and MyBB) that I still have to test myseft before I do my choice. When I look to the source code, PunBB is very nice but a bit less when you see the forum itself while for MyBB, it's the opposite. I have run the W3C validator on the index for this forum and I got some minor warning but it's only for XHTML 1.0 Transitional. If I do the same exercise for PunBB, it's valid for XHTML 1.0 Strict.

Now I come back to the main question of this topic, Is it a choice to use XHTML 1.0 Transitional instead of Strict? As a second question, is it planned to move later to XHTML 1.0 Strict?
Basically for the changes & differences. http://liorean.web-graphics.com/xhtml/co...trict.html

ul type="", ol type="", a target="", td nowrap="" are a few.

Yes, alot can be replaced by CSS and that will be our future intentions.
Ok, I have my answer. According to me, all your new coding could be done having in mind this future transition. For the transition itself, maybe I could help later?