MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge smf 1.8 to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,i'm italian.

I want merge my smf 1.8 to Mybb 1.4 or 1.2 ...

How i can merge? I read the guide,but i don't know...

[email protected] : contact me... Please!

I must use Filezilla? Or i must change to the forum? Undecided
(2009-02-10, 10:50 PM)Estratto Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,i'm italian.

I want merge my smf 1.8 to Mybb 1.4 or 1.2 ...

How i can merge? I read the guide,but i don't know...

[email protected] : contact me... Please!

I must use Filezilla? Or i must change to the forum? Undecided

I have recently converted from SMF from MyBB, although I am a massive fan of MyBB, I was playing around with SMF. Anyway:

1. Download the Merge system.
2. If you haven't done already, download MyBB
3. Extract them both and connect to your site using Filezilla
4. Make the directory for your board, or rename your existing one. If it is in the root, make a directory called 'Backup' and move all the files in there.
5. Upload the files in the Upload folder.
6. Install MyBB by going to http://yoursite.tld/directory/install/
7. After you've installed MyBB, go into Filezilla again and upload the merge system to the directory of your forum.
8. Go to http://yoursite.tld/directory/convert/
9. Click Next until you get to 'Thank you for choosing MyBB. This wizard will guide you through the process of converting from your existing bulletin board software to MyBB.'
10. Select SMF 1.1 (third option)
11. Run through the options, entering DB details for the old forum, transferring users/threads. Just basically keep hitting run on each option, moving downwards.
12. When done, hit 'Cleanup' and you'll be presented with a screen saying the conversion was successful.
13. Go to your main forum and all your settings should be in place.

Hope I helped,

Jlong1
I have one question since you mentioned SMF , i am having it allready and i want to change it to myBB , the thing is i dont know how my forum members will accept it , therefor i decided to make a poll to decide to move or to stay.
And here comes the question, if i merge it will my smf forum be removed and mybb take it place or will it remain and new forum emerge from db conversation?
If you merge them, you should still be able to access your old SMF forums without issues. All it does is take the information from SMF and put it into the MyBB forums.
(2009-02-12, 04:48 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]If you merge them, you should still be able to access your old SMF forums without issues. All it does is take the information from SMF and put it into the MyBB forums.

That what i wanted to hear Smile
Well on merging now xD
Is there already a way to switch from the SMF 2.0 Beta to MyBB?
We probably won't be supporting beta software as it is likely to change, being a beta. When there's a final release, it may be supported.
it was a very funny converting Smile thankyou very much ,everything is allright
myBB forever .......
Did the attachments convert correctly?
Only Passwords I have to renew..
Pages: 1 2