MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site News Plugin Instructions??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally got it up and it seems like it is set correctly. However, where do I control it? I would appreciate a link to the instructions, etc.

ThanksSmile
Is there not just a new settings group in the settings page...??
(2009-02-12, 08:44 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Is there not just a new settings group in the settings page...??

Doah! I overlooked that!!

I was just messing around with it and am a bit confused with the numbering of the forums. Do the numbers you place in the forum box (the forums you want to pull news from) correspond with the actual forum or post? I need some clarification on this - Thanks.
I'd assume it's the fid of the forum, found at the end of the URL. Normally things like this use forum IDs rather than thread/post IDs.
(2009-02-12, 04:51 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]I'd assume it's the fid of the forum, found at the end of the URL. Normally things like this use forum IDs rather than thread/post IDs.

Got it!, thanks Matt. It takes a while for guys like me to see the light sometimesRolleyes, although this was a bit misleading.

A bit of constructive criticism:

When I download a plugin, I noticed that the install instructions seem a bit too brief and there are never any operating instructions. Is this because it is assumed people have enough proficiency to figure it out on their own or because that is what this forum is for?

It would be nice if there was a bit more info on installation instructions and a brief explanation on how to setup/operate the plugin once it is installed.

Thanks again!Smile
I would appreciate a link to someone's site where their site news plugin is working and it is formatted nicely (with the box or borders, etc.) so I can get an idea of how I am going to format mine.

Also I am wondering how/where you insert the CSS into the code?

Thanks
Hi.
This plugin, on my HomePage, do not show the pictures! You can see only this test:
[align=center][URL=http://img690.imageshack.us/i/appleupdate.png/][IMG]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8246/appleupdate.png[/IMG][/URL]
[/align]

But no picture!
Why?
At the end of file "newsplugin.php" there is this code:
$newsmessage = $parser->parse_message($news['message'], $parser_options); 

I have tried to change as follow:
$parser_options = Array("allow_mycode" => 1, "allow_html" => 1);
$newsmessage = $parser->parse_message($news['message'], $parser_options);

But when I reload the forum a error appear:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in
/home/xcodeita/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/newsplugin.php on line

Suggestions?