MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB PR2 Security Update [1/11/05]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Sorry, I think there was a misunderstanding. Rolleyes

WinMerge does NOT generate a patch you cann apply on your board. It only writes down all changes into a file. You have to apply the changes manually.
Umm hey

no it's not what i meant, i mean, that i have generated the file , the php one, which i have called patch, and as i understood that combines the old and the new file, so i get a new one, so if i was working on usercp.php , i will get a new file usercp.php containing the old and the new, and i have just to upload it to my hosting, and replace the old one which is on the server, isn't right?

thx again
Well i must be doing something very very wrong, updated those fixes and all mother of hell broke loose on my forum, couldnt read posts, enter usercp panel or anything, too many complaints from members so i changed it back.
Did you patch MyBB PR2? If you still use MyBB RC4 the patch causes problems...
ok but micheal some script lines are so different, it has half line from the original and lots of changes and also lots of new scripts of the security patch
Good to get some security patches. I am still waiting for the final release of myBB. I'll patch my board as soon as possible.
zaher1988 Wrote:ok but micheal some script lines are so different, it has half line from the original and lots of changes and also lots of new scripts of the security patch
Maybe it's easier to go this way: Open WinMerge and go to File -> Open. Choose the files you want to compare and click OK. Then you can see the files with the changes.
do the patch files work for PR1, or will i need to do a complete upgrade of my files to PR2? I've been putting it off as I have modified so many of the core forum files, I was hoping I would be able to wait until 1.0 release before upgrading.
If I patch my board to PR2, will it get rid of whatever is giving me this:
MySQL Error 1045: Access for user '..'@... ?

We got hacked (as explained in thread). I moved the forum folder, but still cant log on to URL without the above message.

Thank You
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5