MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Converting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

I am trying to convert from PHPBB to MyBB, but I keep getting error messages when I run the converter.

The messages are as follows:

Warning: main(forever-now.net/aussiefanfic/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cjbates/public_html/aussie_fanfic/phpbb2import.php on line 59

Warning: main(forever-now.net/aussiefanfic/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cjbates/public_html/aussie_fanfic/phpbb2import.php on line 59

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'forever-now.net/aussiefanfic/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cjbates/public_html/aussie_fanfic/phpbb2import.php on line 59

Is anyone able to help resolve this issue?

Thanks

DS
it's telling you that the file or directory does not exist. in your server, check if you spelled the name of the folder correctly. remember they are case sensitive. btw, you must have MyBB installed, since what it does is move the data stored in your phpbb database to your mybb database.
No, the spelling is fine.

Any other suggestions?
Quote:main(forever-now.net/aussiefanfic/config.php):

The script is trying to access the file:
/home/cjbates/public_html/aussie_fanfic/forever-now.net/aussifanfic/config.php

I believe you have set one of your directories incorrectly possibly at the beginning of the converter. Don't get URL and filesystem paths mixed up.

I haven't used the translator and I apologize for my vague diagnosis.
I'm about ready to give up.

Its mighty confusing. I really want to move my PHPBB community over though.
Okey doke, I've gotten further. Now there are errors coming up saying:

* The avatars directory (images/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
* The smilies directory (images/smilies/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

What value do the folders need to be set to? 666? 777?
This is what the script is saying now:

Warning: is_file(): Stat failed for /home/cjbates/public_html/aussiefanfic/images/avatars/gallery (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/cjbates/public_html/aussie_fanfic/phpbb2import.php on line 1532

Warning: dir(/home/cjbates/public_html/aussiefanfic/images/avatars/gallery): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/cjbates/public_html/aussie_fanfic/phpbb2import.php on line 1545

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/cjbates/public_html/aussie_fanfic/phpbb2import.php on line 1546
I sorted it out Big Grin

However, now I have other issues with the forum--I'll post them in another thread though.