MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database backup error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to backup my large database from within the admin panel and I get this message.

<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 70617089 bytes) in <b>hidden for security purposes/forum/admin/dbtools.php</b> on line <b>536</b><br />

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
(2009-02-12, 05:23 PM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 70617089 bytes) in <b>hidden for security purposes/forum/admin/dbtools.php</b> on line <b>536</b><br />

Bold stuff indicates a host setting. Looks like the memory limit is too low.
(2009-02-12, 05:58 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-12, 05:23 PM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 70617089 bytes) in <b>hidden for security purposes/forum/admin/dbtools.php</b> on line <b>536</b><br />

Bold stuff indicates a host setting. Looks like the memory limit is too low.

Is this something that I need to change in the php.ini file?

If so, can someone give me the code?

Thanks!
You'd need to change the memory_limit setting in the php.ini. Also, try downloading without GZIP compression enabled because compression takes up a lot more memory.

If you find that these changes do not resolve the problem I would recommend either getting a backup from phpMyAdmin, your host's control panel (e.g., cPanel) or through SSH using mysqldump if you have access, as these methods usually are not as restrictive in terms of memory limits.
(2009-02-17, 08:06 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You'd need to change the memory_limit setting in the php.ini. Also, try downloading without GZIP compression enabled because compression takes up a lot more memory.

If you find that these changes do not resolve the problem I would recommend either getting a backup from phpMyAdmin, your host's control panel (e.g., cPanel) or through SSH using mysqldump if you have access, as these methods usually are not as restrictive in terms of memory limits.

Thanks for the informatin. I increase the memory limit to 128m but it still doesn't work. If I use phpMyAdmin, is it just as reliable as the regular backup method through MYBB?

Also, I do have SSH access, do you know the command to use to download my database?

Any help would be appreciated.
Most reliable method will be SSH. I can't see any difference between mybb backup tool/ phpmyadmin...
Info about SSH backup is here: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Database_Backup