MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply stall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I've updated my forum today from 1.4.1 to 1.4.4 . I had thought that with the update, my quick reply problem got fixed. According to a 'bug-fix' thread somewhere in the archive, it had something to do with a code in the inc/functions.php file. It wasn't fixed in the 1.4.4 version (while it was said it would have), but I fixed the line.

I'm not certain, but wasn't the quick reply a plugin in the 1.2.x series? Because we had it back there already. If it was a plugin before the problem might have to do something with that.

At the moment my members are still bugged with the quick reply function.

Test account: Test
PW: test12

As you see, quick replies get posted, but you don't load the page, and are stuck with the 'Loading. Please wait.' icon.

Anyone an idea?
-MV
It was default in 1.2 too but the reply wasn't added by AJAX. Did you do all the template reverts needed?? If you have all the latest files, it might be something to do with that.
I've reverted nothing of the templates. But it doesn't say the quickreply template has been modified (in any way). I'll try doing that now. (you linked me once to a thread which should contain the templates that have to be reverted but I couldn't find it in that thread).

Anyhow, I will revert the show thread -> showthread_quickreply template. I'll report what happened.

edit: doesn't work.

Any more suggestions? I'm going to do a few searches.

Cheers,
-MV
Sorry for double post. Reverting quickreply template did not work.

I've stumbled on this subject and MattR asks the guy if he has plugins installed:

link

I had plugins in 1.2.9, and the problem came in 1.4.1. I believe the plugins weren't uninstalled, and they do show up on my admin CP under Configuration-> Settings. Could this be the problem?
You should remove any plugins which are not designed for 1.4
(2009-02-13, 06:41 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You should remove any plugins which are not designed for 1.4

I've checked inc/plugins, but it showed only the 1.4.4 plugins. The only place they showed up is in Admin CP -> Configuration -> Settings. I did Edit Settings and removed them from the Admin CP.

But still, no quick reply fix.

Quickreply is in the 'showthread' template, but I got showthread itself (not showthread_quickreply) changed. Because when I revert showthread, I get my author's details above the post in threads (and I want author's details to the left of the post). Could this be a problem?

edit: note about the showthread template: when I revert it to original, I get this: image

This isn't how MyBB thread's posts should look like, right? So is the problem related to that?

Cheers for any help,
-MV