MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Logo and Avatar Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've got the theme on my new discussion board.

1. It says the name of the theme in large letters at the top. Am I supposed to change that to the name of the discussion board? Or am I stuck with the theme name there, and no way to add my board's name?

2. I want everyone to upload photos of themselves as their avatars. Is there a way to disable the avatars that are provided with the board (I saw a list to edit the smileys but could not find the avatars)

Thanks
(2009-02-12, 09:18 PM)TinkBelle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've got the theme on my new discussion board.

1. It says the name of the theme in large letters at the top. Am I supposed to change that to the name of the discussion board? Or am I stuck with the theme name there, and no way to add my board's name?

2. I want everyone to upload photos of themselves as their avatars. Is there a way to disable the avatars that are provided with the board (I saw a list to edit the smileys but could not find the avatars)

Thanks
1) If it's an image, you'll need to create a new image with the name of your site/forums. Otherwise, you can just edit the header file to show your site/forum name.

2) Not sure, as I don't bother with avatars.
1. It'll be an image, the path to it is the Logo setting in the settings for the theme.

2. I think if you delete the ./images/avatars/ folder, they should go. If not, deleting the images in that folder should be enough.
Whoa! Now I can't get into my forum index! I can get to the forum, but when I log in, it goes blank!
Now I just went to the forum and couldn't even get into that! It said

"MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1040 - Too many connections
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

Please contact the MyBB Group for support."
You'll have to ask your host about that, ask them to increase the max_user_connections setting.
OK will do. Thanks, Matt and Tom.
(2009-02-12, 09:22 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]1. It'll be an image, the path to it is the Logo setting in the settings for the theme.

2. I think if you delete the ./images/avatars/ folder, they should go. If not, deleting the images in that folder should be enough.

1. OK I'm finally in! What do I click on to go to the settings for the theme and the Logo?

2. I was thinking of deleting the ./images/avatars/ folder, except during the description it says it stores the avatars; would it not store the uploaded photos that my members will have as avatars?
OK I went to Templates, to Theme, and Edit Sevgi (Sevgi is the theme). This is what the list looks like:

global.css
Attached to all pages Edit Style
Properties
Delete / Revert
Options

usercp.css (Inherited from MyBB Master Style)
Attached to usercp.php, usercp2.php, and private.php Edit Style
Properties
Options

modcp.css (Inherited from MyBB Master Style)
Attached to modcp.php Edit Style
Properties
Options

star_ratings.css (Inherited from MyBB Master Style)
Attached to forumdisplay.php, and showthread.php Edit Style
Properties
Options

showthread.css (Inherited from MyBB Master Style)
Attached to showthread.php

Do you know which I go into to edit the logo?
1) Upload the logo to your images directory, and then edit the theme settings, and where it says "Board Logo" input the file path.

2) You can safely delete the files inside that folder, as the user uploaded avatars go into the 'uploads > avatars' directory.
Thanks Scoutie,

Actually I'm trying to take out the theme person's logo which is the name of the theme. I don't have a logo for my board title yet. Is the images directory in the File Manager of the Host?
(2009-02-13, 03:42 AM)TinkBelle Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a logo for my board title yet. Is the images directory in the File Manager of the Host?
Yes.
Hi, Thanks, Tom, I found it! And I was able to delete all the avatars, and I saw the logo for the theme I'm using but if I delete it I will delete other things so it looks like I have to keep it.

Any ideas for how I can place a title onto the discussion board or would I need a web designer to do that?
Pages: 1 2