MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP!! I got banned from my own Forum...WTF??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2009-02-14, 06:25 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Alright. After looking into the settings for Akismet, I fixed the users to ignore field to 1(your user ID) as it's supposed to be a number, not a username. I also changed the "groups to ignore" setting to 4(administrators). So this shouldn't happen again.

Kind Regards,
TomL

Great!

Thanks Tom!! Smile
(2009-02-14, 06:39 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-14, 06:25 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Alright. After looking into the settings for Akismet, I fixed the users to ignore field to 1(your user ID) as it's supposed to be a number, not a username. I also changed the "groups to ignore" setting to 4(administrators). So this shouldn't happen again.

Kind Regards,
TomL

Great!

Thanks Tom!! Smile
No problem, mate - just glad I could helpSmile Sorry it took so many tries thoughToungue
If a query doesn't work why not just click the little edit button next to your user and just type 4 in the usergroup entry and click Go?? If

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1'

doesn't work, clicking a few buttons like that would have been much quicker.

[attachment=12765][attachment=12766][attachment=12767]

Much easier than any query to be honest. I don't think any host only gives you a command line, all the ones I've seen have phpMyAdmin or something similar that enables you to do this.

And if you got banned by Akismet, you would have changed something, by default it's set to ignore admins (by group ID not group name) for obvious reasons.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5